Mini Pies

I am sure most people would agree with me when I say that miniaturizing almost anything makes it even more adorable especially when it comes to animals and baked goods! 
I mean come on a mini bunny in a teacup, what is not to love!
(source)
And talk about adorable and yummy!
(source)
So because I have no tiny animals to put in cups, I decided to make some wonderfully yummy mini peach pies.  I recently came across the best pie crust recipe ever! I highly recommend giving it a try if you are ever in the need of making a pie crust.
The pie crust recipe made enough for six mini pies, but we couldn't wait long enough to photograph them before we sampled a couple :)

 The peach pie filling I used I just made up as I went a long. and it goes as follows...

1 can peaches
1 Tbs white sugar
1/8 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Drain the can of peaches and mash them up in a large bowl.  Add all the try ingredients to the massed peaches and mix together.

Place the pie crust in greased cupcake sheet. Then spoon the peach mixture almost to the top of the pie crust.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins.

And voilĂ  you got yourself some wonderful nom noms.  And you don't have to feel bad about eating a whole pie :)

x's and o's

4 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I don't think I've ever made a pie before. I love the little bun-bun in a cup, tooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give it a try Caitlin they are pretty easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scared if I made little ones I'd eat 5x more than normal. Haha. If I had a mini rabbit, I don't think I'd ever get over how cute it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the down sides with making mini pies, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...