Yummies in Our Tummies | Little Lady Little City: Yummies in Our Tummies

Yummies in Our Tummies

Today I decided to make some snickerdoodles, manly because I was/am still waiting for notes on my edits (which is probably the most annoying thing about my work, I've been waiting on some notes since July, le boo) and because Will has been working so hard and was getting a little stressed out I thought it would be a yummy little treat!


I could hardly wait for them to be done! They made the kitchen smell so wonderful!

I must admit they do taste as yummy as they look, it has been so hard not to gobble them all down today, haha! I will put the recipe that I used just under the cut, incase any of you all would like to make some for your very own.

x's and o's

Snickerdoodle recipe 


What you will need:
  • 2 3/4 cups flour (I usually end up adding an extra 2 tbsp)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
  • 1/2 cup shortening 
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus 3 tablespoons for the cinnamon/sugar mixture
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon


Baking Directions:
Go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixer beat together the shortening and butter. Then add the 1 1/4 cups sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes (I let it go for about 10 mins or so to let it get really fluffy). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. 

While letting the butter/shortening/sugar/egg mixture mix go a head in another bowl mix together your dry ingredients.  

Once the butter/shortening/sugar/egg is nice and fluffy go a head and add in the mixed dry ingredients. 
Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. 

Roll the dough, by hand, then roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar. Flatten the balls into on your greased or lined cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, but still moist in the center, about 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.

*Note the reciepe says it makes 20 cookies but I usually get around 30+ and I don't make them all that small. 

Hope you enjoy! 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...