Slightly Better | Little Lady Little City: Slightly Better

Slightly Better

Well I got my car back and while the repair was still pretty expensive, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, so I guess that is a good thing.  Now hopefully I will not have to fix anything in my car for a very, very, very long time.

While I was waiting for the garage to finish up my car yesterday, I decided to do a little baking.  Sometime it helps take my mind off of things that I am worrying about, that and I love coming up with different recipes and concoctions.  And this time a created a ricotta cheese pear and peach pie.  Now I know that might not sound like the very appetizing, but it is so wonderfully yummy.  And just incase you ever want to give it a go, I shall share my recipe with you, (all I ask is if you do try it let me know what you think and if you blog about it you credit me with the recipe).
As you can see I tend to make one messy kitchen when I bake.  
Unfortunately I didn't have quite enough dough to make the criss cross, hehe.

This pie is seriously one of my favorite creations, not too sweet and paired with the butter flaky pie crust it is wonderful, if I do say so myself, hehe!

And now for the recipe.

Ricotta cheese pear and peach pie

Ingredients
1 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup of oats (I used quick oats)
1 can of pears
1/2 can of peaches
1/8 cup white sugar
1/2 brown suger (split)
2 Tbs honey
1 tbs vanilla
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs nutmeg

Mix the 1/2 can of peaches (mash them up first), 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup sugar, 1 tbs vanilla, 1 tbs cinnamon, and 1 tbs nutmeg. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together.  Pour on to the pie crust, coat the bottom.

Mis the 1 cup ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup oats, 1 can of pears (mash them up first) 2 Tbs of honey, and the other 1/4 brown sugar.  Stir until all the ingredients are mixed together.  Pour on top of the peach mixture.

Preheat the over to 400 degrees.  Bake for 15 mins then lower the heat to 350 and back for 20-30 mins.

Hope you enjoy!

x's and o's

7 comments:

  1. i actually think this sounds AMAZING! it's like a pie and a crisp and a cobbler all rolled into one. i can't wait to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super tasty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! I love cheese and fruit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum!!! i sooo want to taste it!!! thanks for sharing the recipe, i would love to try it at home too.. hope everything will be finr with your car... kissess!!!



    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum, looks tasty!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...