No Rest for the Weary

So I have been a little M.I.A these last couple of days, but I swear it is for a good reason, we have been working on our house in West Virginia again! 
We still have a ways to go on the house, but it is so shocking when we drive up to the house and to see just how far we have actually come! The roof was just put on not that long ago (just a month or two), we have been so used to seeing just a foundation and walls, so it is still wonderfully silly looking to both Will and myself.  The three previous years we had been working on the house we felt like it was never going to get to the point of having a roof on and then bam, we got the roof on.  It was such a monumental moment for us, and really kind of was that moment that you realize we might actually get this thing done!

And now we are back up here trying to finish buttoning it up for winter.  It has been surprisingly warm the last couple of days which is pretty darn lucky for us, because honestly who would want to work in 35 degree weather?!

I am beyond happy that we have come this far on this house, but it does get me a little down knowing that we still probably won't be able to move into it for another 6 or 8 months.  We have spent three long years putting our blood and sweat into this place, and even though we are so close, there is still so much more to do! Ugh who knew building a house yourself would be so hard, hehe!

I cannot wait until the day when I get to put up pictures of us moving into the house, and lots of wonderful decorated room shots! I have boxes and boxes of wonderful knick-knacks just waiting to brush the dust off themselves and start making this house feel like our home.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

x's and o's

4 comments:

  1. It's looking great! I'm excited to see a tour when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to do some photos of the inside soon. It's just so hard for people to tell what is going in the pictures when there aren't any actual walls up yet, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! your blog is awesome and I enjoyed seeing the M. Caterpillar video :)

    xx
    Kat
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa that's the most beautiful picture! i'm jealous that is your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...