Good Times!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Will's family came up to the mountain to help out with the house building this weekend and have some good old family Easter fun. Will's mom is pretty great when it comes to holidays, she always makes sure we get to do the fun things we did as kids. This time she staged a massive egg hunt on the mountain early in the morning which was pretty darn amazing, even if Will cheated and picked me so he could snatch the eggs I was going to grab, hehe.

And because we have everyone here I wanted to do something super fun and maybe start a new tradition. Have you ever heard of Cascarones? I have heard about them for years but never really tried them out myself. So I thought what better time to give it a try. Unfortunately the weather did not work with us and Will's family had to leave before it turned around, but that didn't stop Will and I from having fun! I wish I had some pictures of how you get the yolk out of the egg because it is pretty hilarious. But I only had a short amount of time to get them done, it didn't even dawn on me to take pictures. I did however get some fun dying action! 
You make a little hole on told of the egg with a safety pin or needle.
Then make a larger hole on the bottom, to allow you to blow out the yolk. It sounds just as silly as it is actually do it, hehe.
So the original plan was for Will and I to hide all the eggs and then let everyone go loose collecting eggs and smashing them on each others heads. Sadly because it was just Will and I hiding and cracking the eggs on each other so we didn't get any pictures (boo) but I did find this incredible DIY that is full of wonderful Cascarones photo fun. I will make sure eventually happens because umm talk about fun!

I hope everyone had a great Easter too! Now it's time to go back to work, which hopefully will finally be slowing down in the next week or so, and we can finally really organize our little cabin, and I can take/share some pictures.

x's and o's 

6 comments:

  1. That looks fun! :D

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    PS, I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this needs to happen next year and i need to be a part of it.
    just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm I don't think we have to wait till next year, just come up to the mountain and we will make it happen!!!

      Delete
  3. That looks so cool! Sounds like you had a fun Easter. :)

    Also, wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Awards. You can get more details here, if you'd like:http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/

    keepcalmandcarrylipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'd never heard of cascarones, but now I know that I need to make some next year! What an awesome idea. The action shots you linked to are beautiful and make it look like so much fun!
    xoxo
    Michelle
    neonrattail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously woman- your blog is amazing. I won't show it to my husband though- he'd die with jealousy. Your living the dream there. We are on the east coast of Australia and would LOVE to be doing the same thing. We do our best with a kitchen garden and chooks/ducks .... and MANY MANY snakes also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...