If You Build It They Will Grow | Little Lady Little City: If You Build It They Will Grow

If You Build It They Will Grow

One of the first things Will and I did when we officially moved up to the mountain was put together our little greenhouse! Will is quite the expert builder and built the frame during a prior visit. I am pretty sure if I had to build the frame the slightest gust of wind would have toppled it over. This little lady is not known for her building skills (I barely made it through a sculpture class in college, haha).
Will's sister came up a couple days early and we got her to help out with the plastic, which was a huge help! Not sure if you can really tell in the pictures but the wind was blowing about 20mph as we were trying to put it up, haha it was quite a funny show. But even with the wind huffing and puffing we were able to get the plastic all stapled. One day hopefully we can get some nice greenhouse glass in place of the plastic, but for now I think it is going to work out wonderfully.

Will's mom got us some vegetable seeds so I think those guys will be our little test subjects to see how well our greenhouse works, and seeing how green our thumbs are. Growing up in Phoenix AZ I could never get anything to actually grow when I tried. You miss one watering and that is it! Hopefully our little mountain will be far more forgiving, fingers crossed!

Anyone know of any super easy veggies I can start off with? Any/all gardening advice is very welcome!

Happy Thursday!

x's and o's

P.S And and just in case you didn't get my title its a little play on the catch line from Field of Dreams. I'm pretty lame I know, haha! 

8 comments:

  1. I'm very interested in watching your progress with the greenhouse. It's something I've always wanted so will be living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can actually get something to grow!

      Delete
  2. SO much fun! Girl you are going to love gardening-- having fresh vegetables is the best feeling ever! Keep us updated on the greenhouse, I've never had one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty darn excited about it! I am sure I will probably have an abundance of posts about it, especially if I can get stuff to grow!

      Delete
  3. i was just looking through your house building process and am so intrigued! my dad is an architect and i've always dreamed of having him help me design and build a house, i'm glad you're out there doing it!

    jillian
    http://hitherandthitherblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a lot of hard work, but really fun too! I hope you one day get a chance to build a house with your dad.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...