Wedding Inspiration | Little Lady Little City: Wedding Inspiration

Wedding Inspiration

Am I missing something? I mean everyone keeps asking me if I'm super stressed out about the wedding yet. And truth be told I'm not, not even in the slightest. I feel like things are just naturally falling into place for our big day. For example, because we are having the wedding at our home we didn't need to look for a venue and/or spend money on one. Also, after searching for caterers that primarily do barbecue we found out there is literally one one person who does this in our town and after meeting him he is pretty much the greatest person ever. Together we came up with the most amazing menu for our wedding. 

The only thing that hasn't fallen into place quite yet is the dress. I went shopping with some friends while I was back in Phoenix and found a dress that I really like, but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. It did, however, give me a feel for the style of dress I want. I'm headed out to Portland next month to do some more dress shopping with some friends. Hopefully while I'm up there the dress will fall into place just as easily as everything else seems to have. 

So, since we've been talking about dresses I wanted to share a couple of my favortires from across the internets! 
(source)
I absolutely adore all the lace on this dress, and the little cap sleeves. So beautiful! 

(source)
Now, normally I don't like super puffy dresses, but the combination of the sparkle on top paired with the puff on bottom, and I am in love! 
(source)
I think this dress is the total package! It's a shorter dress, it has lace, and it's not pure white! I really want to try to find a dress that is off white. There is just something about them that makes them feel so much less ordinary. 
(source)
Ahh I wish there was a better picture of this entire dress, because it looks so incredible! 
(source)
I just love how sweet and simple this dress is, and I love that the bride paired it with some colorful shoes!
There are so many wonderful dresses out there that it can be pretty daunting trying to find the style that you love. I really suggest to anyone who is getting married to just go and try on dresses one day with no pressure of buying anything just to see what you are looking for. 

Do you guys have any favorite styles? If so what are they?

Happy Saturday! 

x's and o's

12 comments:

  1. I got my dress from Jessica McClintock, bought it online and it fit perfectly, haha! I love all the styles you've shown here, I'm sure your wedding will be lovely.

    I didn't get stressed until the DAY OF the wedding, when it was raining and our DJ was 3 hours late. Though we were lucky like you that it was at a familiar residence and Dad and Alice did most of the cooking. But if you go into it knowing that shit might go wrong, and if it does it's all okay, it's a lot less stressful. Everyone who knew me thought I'd go bananas when the DJ didn't show, but I was more or less like "ah well" and just chowed down.

    Good luck to you guys, I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin I absolutely love that you got your dress from there! And I have to say from all the photos I saw of your wedding, it looked like was a great time!

      I'm also happy to hear that you didn't get stressed out until the day of. If that's the only time I get stressed I will be pretty darn happy!

      Delete
  2. such pretty inspiration. i love all the yellow bridesmaid's dresses! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, those are super adorable. I really love that they are all different shades of yellow but all work so wonderfully together!

      Delete
  3. The lace and cap sleeves on the first dress are beautiful! These are all really pretty and I especially love the bright shoe paired with the last dress!

    Michelle
    neonrattail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of head over heels for that lace and cap sleeves dress, it's just so beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Oh how exciting :) I just got married last year. I got stressed in the very beginning + then in the very end. I did a lot of DIY which put the pressure on. Dress shopping was probably my least favorite, haha. I never had that "moment" where I knew. I'm not sure if everyone has that, but I felt like I missed out since I didn't have it. I found 3 that I really liked, then narrowed it down to 2 + asked for tons of advice. This is the one I chose because everyone said it was very "me". Haha. I HATE making decisions by the way. I hope you find the perfect one + that it just falls into place. ♥ http://www.flickr.com/photos/dailydoily/5934342403/in/set-72157627193419788/ *p.s. I'll be posting a wedding recap on my blog the week of our anniversary (May 21).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics!:D

    With love,Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been obsessing over weddings especially since my big bro is getting married this June and I'm gonna be a bridesmaid! My first wedding where I am actually part of it!!
    I am all about the blog http://www.stylemepretty.com/ it has everything from decorations to cakes and of course wedding fashion you should definitely check it out I'm sure you'll be hooked!

    xoxo
    jO
    http://www.fashionbyjo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah i love the soft yellow colours! i like the last dress best! Looks like fun

    lillie
    notebooklillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your inspiration! I am definitely feeling all those styles.

    I just wanted to stop by and say I love your blog and am so jealous of your new lifestyle. My man and I often dream about running away to a tiny cabin and have a very romantic view of living off the land. I am excited to follow your adventures!

    -Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't be stressed about it! That is great that you are feeling confident, and not anxious!

    These dresses are gorgeous.

    That first photo looks quite a bit like my wedding dress.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...