Babbling on About Seedlings

First off, thank you for all your sweet comments and emails on yesterdays post. It really cheered me up and made me think about how there is a reason for everything that happens. So thank you all again, you seriously are all so wonderful! And now onto more greenhouse talk :)

We had to build two new planters in our greenhouse to help accommodate all our fledgeling seedlings. I got a little over zealous when planting the squash, I don't think I really realized that one plant would produce so many so I planted eight each! If anyone has some great zucchini and squash recipes feel free to share, if not hopefully the neighbors like squash, haha! We actually even got some more seeds while we were out and about after seeing the Avengers. Lowe's was having some wonderful seed sale so we got some strawberries, grapes, and rhubarb! I'm so incredibly excited for the rhubarb because I am an old lady who loves rhubarb. I grew up eating it with my dad every summer, and it reminds me of us sitting in the backyard eating rhubarb pie while watching the lightening storms pass by. 
We shot this with the wide angle lens so I look all crazily distorted. I swear my head is not that oddly shaped.
One of our new little planters. It's holding our grapes, strawberries, a couple squashes, and some beans.
Our other new planter. The top has some peas and then we are going to put some carrots on the bottom.


Found another good use for those plastic cups :)
Now I just need to get our greenhouse a little more organized so I can actually reach all the plants when I am watering them.

If you have any plants growing how are they working out? If not do you plan on planting some seeds this summer?

x's and o's

13 comments:

  1. I've just spent the last 15 minutes browsing through all your 'little cabin' posts! I'm so in love with that little house of yours! And especially your bright yellow front door. I absolutely love tiny, quirky houses and my partner wants a big house, so we always joke that he will build me my small house inside his big one!
    x
    P.S thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely garden set-up! We've been working on ours since March and it's in this weird indoor/outdoor limbo, but you seem to be trying both as well! Thanks for the gardening inspiration and I can't wait to keep reading and see more of your sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wide-angle photos and the planters all look really great! I'd really like to plant something...I never have before. Any ideas for a balcony that gets nothing but full shade all day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I really don't have any ideas, but I'm sure there have to be a couple herbs that would grow.

      Delete
  4. Hi there, thank you so much for your comment! This post has really inspired me to dust the dirt off my gardening gloves! As for your previous post, I really do hope everything becomes better for you! Try to think of the good times you had with your friend and your mum too. Only let yourself see the bright sun behind those terrible stormy clouds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, your gardening/growing exploits are going really well! I'm very jealous about all the space you have to grow stuff - your greenhouse is awesome. Maybe you could try stuffed zucchini? Or better yet zucchini muffins (sounds gross but I love them)! And i know for a fact that squash soup is very nice! Me and my boyfriend are growing veg for the first time and it's going ok - our potatoes and rocket salad are almost ready :D Looking forward to more greenhouse updates!

    Annie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zucchini muffins are pretty much amazing! I think there will be dozens of them once the zucchini comes in :) Oh and stuffed zucchini sounds wonderful as well!

      Delete
  6. oh i love your gardens and green house! im jealous. we are going to be building a greenhouse in the next couple years (too many other projects need to come first) but our front yard transformation is slowly coming along. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww... so jealous :-) i love to garden, but have absolutely no where to do it.. love those beer cups, too ;-)
    xo,
    annie
    www.alongtheway-annie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your planters are wonderful! I really love the idea of the double decker one!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I really like your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine! Want to follow each other?
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your greenhouse- love love love it-
    We have tomatoes, growing that is so far so good- we also have an orange tree, apricot tree and a large variety of herbs- We plan to branch out some more for the fall plants- it gets too hot here in the summer for most things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amanda!
    I am so happy to see your seedlings! And I love your planters too, did you build them all yourselves? I am the laziest farmer in the world - it is past midday and I haven't even started digging! But I am off out soon - there is a strange cloud hanging low in the moutains so we can't even see the top; and our garden still needs to be finished digging. Luckily (for me!) because there is frost until so late in the spring, all the other locals haven't planted a thing yet - I believe the magic date is 15th May...so we have two days to dig up all the weeds and grass that's been overgrowing for 10 years! Wish us luck.....!
    Katie. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...