Cloudy Day

The other day Will and I decided to go on a walk after getting tired of sitting at the computers working for the better part of the day. It was a super cloudy and kind of rainy day, and though it wasn't raining when we started our walk we made sure to have our rain jackets. Will was kind enough to let me have his rain jacket, because I don't actually own one, which something I really need to remedy soon seeing how we seem to get a fair amount of rain up here. If anyone knows where I can get a nice rain jacket, for hopefully not too much, feel free to let me know. 
The blackberries are all in bloom right now, it's really lovely. Some how Will and I have missed this happening in the previous two years. It was really wonderful getting to see this because we learned just how many black berries patches are on the mountain. And let me tell you there are hundreds! It's absolutely amazing! I have a feeling once it's picking season I am just going to go crazy and pick as many as I possible can, and then freeze whatever I hadn't already put in my belly, haha! 
Will's rain jacket, I think I could fit two of me inside :)
I just think this is a very nice picture of Will :)
We came across this really wonderful old red gate, which we kind of wanted to see what was past it, but there were plenty of 'Private Property' signs all around. So we thought it was best not to venture in. That, and it started to pour on us, haha! So the thirty minute walk back to our little cabin was not the most fun in the world, but we made it only a little drenched. 

One thing that I really love about the mountain is that even with all the little adventures we have gone on up here we are always finding wonderful new places to explore. Actually just this winter I noticed another house up here that obviously has been here for years. It was just always been hidden by the trees. I really want to walk down and check it out, but that might be kind of creepy if the owners are there, haha! Maybe I will just bake a pie and take it down there and introduce myself to the owners, and check it that way. You know be one of those snoopy neighbors. 
And just for good measure my 'Oh no it's started raining again' face
x's and o's

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time. And I used to forget to bring my rain jacket everywhere but now that I will in the pacific north west I bring it everywhere.
    Carlee

    http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of the blackberry patches! I would love to put a bush in my yard, but I'm afraid it would take over. Although I'm not sure that would be a terrible thing considering how much I love blackberries. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute! The last picture made me giggle. :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pics you take of where you live. It looks so peaceful. And the last pic is awesome! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of love your "oh no" face. It's great. You guys have a happening little spot on that mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your adventures. I used to go to camp during the summer in North Carolina and all your photos remind me of how wonderful the scenery was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for berry season! Ours are not in bloom as of yet... we will start seeing fruit in June/July I think. Great photos of the two of you!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I sure am glad I found your blog! You're living the life I want to! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, i want to live in the mountains and get out of this city. these pictures are beautiful :) thank you for stopping by my blog the other day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...