Wedding Insperation | Little Lady Little City: Wedding Insperation

Wedding Insperation

Ok can we talk about one of my favorite things to think about for our wedding. The cake and pies we are planning to serve! I mean come on what could seriously be funner to think about? Hehe. I know we want to do mostly pies at our wedding with maybe one little cake for us to cut. We are pretty darn lucky that up here on the mountain we are surrounded by apple trees as well as blackberry bushes. It makes it easy to choose, and of course it doesn't hurt that we absolutely love apple and blackberry pies! 

Will kind of makes fun of me because when it comes to yummy food for everyone to eat I kind of go overboard! As of right now out guest count is 50 people with probably not too many more to be added and the amount of food and deserts I want to have is kind of ridiculous haha! But I figure whatever is left over people can join us up on the mountain the next day and help us finish it off. I mean everyone is pretty much coming from the opposite ends of the country so might as well make a huge weekend event out of the whole thing. 

Ok onto some yummy looking deserts! All the sources lead you back to the recipes, just in case this post gives you the urge to try one of these guys out for yourself! 
(source)
Poppy seed cake with mascarpone frosting and strawberries! Talk about yummy! I've made this guy a couple of times already now and it has always been such a big hit! The cake itself is not very sweet so with the frosting and strawberries you don't feel like your teeth are rotting out of you head, a good thing for sure! I think this is the guy we are going to make if we decide to have a cake to cut. 
(source)
Apple pie is an Ellexson family tradition. My dad has always been notorious for going out to dinner and just ordering a piece of apple pie! It's pretty darn ridiculous, because you look at the man and would think he is a super healthy eater, haha! I absolutely love them made with Granny Smith apples, because they you get that sweet and tart thing going on and it is wonderful! We have a couple different varieties of apples up here, with some very yummy green tart ones!! 
(source)
My beloved rhubarb pie! I would absolutely love to use rhubarb that I have grown, but if you read my last post, that might not be happening. I still have faith in my plant, so maybe! But either way there will be rhubarb pie, I demand it :)

(source)
Ok so I've never tried an Apple Toffee Galette before, but it kind of looks super yummy! Not sure if I would do that for the wedding, but maybe for the rehearsal dinner or the post wedding day brunch instead. I mean it's not like we are going to have a shortage of apples or anything. 

(source)
Blackberry cobbler! Ok if for some truly bizarre reason you haven't ever tried this absolutely wonderful treat, then seriously do yourself a favor and go get all the ingredients and make it right now! I have a feeling you won't be disappointed! 
We are doing barbecue for the wedding so I think all of these deserts will be perfectly complementary. I'm super excited about having my bride's ladies up here helping me with all the desert preparation. I think we are going to have a pretty fun time. Hopefully we will have a working kitchen by then cause otherwise we will be back at someones house in DC and transporting them hahaha!  

What are some of your favorite pies? Or what did you end up having at your wedding?

Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday so far.

x's and o's

21 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I think I gained 5 lbs just reading this post! I ADORE pie {my favorite is boysenberry, but they only grow in CA where I grew up, not here in TN...sigh....} We had a picnic/bbq wedding reception & had cobblers & pies & a small cake for cutting-- definitely the way to go-- everyone can find something they like, & its a real homey vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!! I love pies :). We did a dessert table for our guests and my sister and I made a cake for us to cut. I have absolutely no idea what anyone made for that dessert table, to be perfectly honest, as it was my family who all pitched in to make some desserts. And I'm totally like that with food, you should have seen all the leftovers we had from ours. We did a weekend deal too and it was a lot of fun, so don't worry about leftovers and just think of it as an excuse to extend the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh too many pies making me too hungry!!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog, i am just going to have a little nosey about here now :)

    Lotsv love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to give you a little follow…quite like it here :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look fantastic. I think a dessert table sounds so lovely. A nice way for others to get involved with a wedding too, maybe. I always find at weddings, the more people chip in, the more love you feel on the day!
    Thank you for the sweet comments over on my blog, I've just had a chance to flick through yours and wowee you've been working hard! I may have to pick your building brains, we have a house in the middle of renovation out in france that needs some good labour this summer, and I reckon you might know a few helpful hints!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. DC! ahhh i'm so jealous! i want to move there after i get married. and pies? what a sweet idea! this is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is making me super hungry. And I love reading about wedding plans, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum, yum, yum! okay seriously, I want all of those, they all look incredibly delicious! eeep, i love desert! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the look of the strawberry cake!!!
    Please come and take a look at my blog
    xxx Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm this looks soooo yummy!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. gggrrrrrrrrrrrraagh! That's my tummy now, thanks to you! This post should have a scratch n' sniff feature... looks delish.
    So, when's the big day?? All the best with plans!
    Mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October 6th! I'm pretty darn excited! :)

      Delete
  12. Oh man, I want pie so badly. I love the idea of weddings pies. I had a little cake to cut and cupcakes, but I prefer to eat pies over cake. I'm definately trying out the first cake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious! And now I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh pumpkin pie has got to be my fave - but all of these pics got my mouth watering!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are so pretty! a good friend of mine is getting married in august and I am making 25 pies for her wedding as well as a cake. that apple toffee tart is maybe a flavor we will try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those pies! I gasped... Like out loud. Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want to eat every. single. one. yum!
    you can never go wrong with an apple pie,
    and that blackberry cobler looks delicious!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my god the apple pie

    http://skylineinthefrontrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOODNESS! okay, so seriously, this is my first time on your totally adorable blog and I spent the entire time looking at this post with my mouth open and just about drooling on my keyboard. :) such a delicious post and I want to eat it all up! cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...