Greenhouse | Little Lady Little City: Greenhouse

Greenhouse

Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize you are kind of a dummy or just really silly? I had one of those the other day about our greenhouse. I'm actually a little embarrassed to even share this with everyone, haha. So the other day someone asked how our greenhouse is doing, and then they asked how we were pollinating our veggies. To which I pretty much said what do you mean, and as soon as I send that it hit me like a ton of bricks. Our greenhouse doesn't allow any bugs in to pollinate them, and I felt just absolutely silly. I guess I should cut myself a little slack seeing how I've never grown anything before much less in a greenhouse, so maybe it's ok I didn't think of it before, right? 

Anyways I promptly did some research in how to pollinate our plants and I think our self pollinating program was a success, I should know for sure in the up coming weeks. 
Our peas plants shooting for the stars, hehe.
Hopefully a successfully pollinated zucchini 
Our plants in our planter on our tiny cabin. I cannot wait for the flowers to come in! 
It's kind of ridicules how excited I still am about all our plants, but I have a feeling Will might be even more excited than me. Yesterday I walked out into the greenhouse to see will planting 45 new pea plants, haha! We are going to have to figure out a new configuration for our greenhouse to accommodate all of them, I will be sure to share some pictures with you all. 

Now onto a little problem we have been having that hopefully someone can help us with. So now that we have made the house all tight (all the doors and windows are in) we need to relocate one clever little mouse out of our kitchen area. We bought a no kill trap and put some peanut butter in there for him (I once heard mice love peanut butter) and nothing, so we thought we would spice up the deal with some cheese on top and still nada. So anyone know a type of food a mouse just can't resist?  I would really just like to get this little guy out of the house. Seriously any help would be wonderful. 

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! 

x's and o's

20 comments:

  1. How lovely do your plants looks! I can't wait to get growing things this year. Apparently bacon is a good one with mice. A problem with the traps can be that they recognise them, and avoid them... Any chance of borrowing someone's cat??
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon, who knew?! Thanks for the heads up I will have to give it a go. Sadly no cats to borrow, I am planning on getting one in the next couple of months but I feel like I don't want a mouse roommate for that much longer, hehe.

      Delete
    2. I also heard that peanut butter works better than cheese because some mice are lactose intolerant and will stay away from the cheese!

      No need to be embarrassed about your mistake. If it's your first greenhouse, or first anything, mistakes will be made :)

      xo. Nicole

      Delete
    3. and you totally already posted about peanut butter. haha oh dear me. I read it and it didn't even register in my head...lol

      Delete
  2. We've been talking about indoor gardening in the future, but never ever considered the pollination part! I'm so glad I read this befor we started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your plants look so great! :)
    we did gardening on our balcony last weekend ;)
    it was soo fun.
    http://glueckskindsucht.blogspot.de/2012/06/gardening-on-our-balcony.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute little greenhouse. your plants are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. our mice like dog food...but theyre still here...so I guess our traps aren't really working. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh your plants are looking AH.MAZING! I am turbo jealous right now. You have no idea!!

    Also, I would never have thought about pollinating either. All I can say is, be thankful someone mentioned it before it was too late.

    Happy gardening... and mice hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used bread for my little mouse. and he was a city guy, so...his palette might be a little off from a field mouse. BUT give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used bread for my little mouse. and he was a city guy, so...his palette might be a little off from a field mouse. BUT give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I'm so glad you left a comment on Veggie Table - your blog rocks! I'm jealous of your green thumb - I can't keep anything alive! Excited to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. please please tell me that pollinating your veggies involved dressing up in a lil' bumblebee outfit and buzzing around plant to plant?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm in the "duh" wagon with you because I would have never thought about pollination either. I almost slapped myself in the forehead. Good thing someone asked you about it. And as for the mouse, are you sure it's just one? Usually if there is one there is a family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for stopping by my blog!
    your greenhouse looks beautiful i would love to do that one day and use what i grow in what i make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for adding me to your sidebar! so sweet.. and.. i'm jealous of your greenhouse! ;]

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to thank me I absolutely adore your blog!

      Delete
  14. You have a greenhouse. That is pretty much just wayyy cool!! And pollinating is a thought that would have never crossed my mind.. greenhouse or not. Now I know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look gorgeous and so healthy!! I wish I am as much of a green thumb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...