House Guests

Ok well I guess these guys aren't really your typical house guests and technically they would be more like outside guests. A couple weeks ago we were working on the side of the house and we noticed a little bird has made her nest on the side of our house. It was kind of funny because for the longest time we couldn't really figure out why this silly bird kept dive bombing our heads, but then we saw her nest. 
Aren't they just so pretty.
I did some reasearch to try and figure out what type of bird eggs these guys are only to realize that this type of egg coloring seems to be  very common. So I'm making an educated guess and saying that these eggs belong to a Black-capped Chickadee, which is kind of the most amazing name!
(source)
We know the bird trying to get use to leave the nest area was pretty tiny, and these guys do live in our neck of the woods, so I think it's a pretty logical conclusion. I think the little babies should be all hatched pretty soon, so hopefully we will be able to take a little look at them without making the mama too unhappy. Maybe if we leave some bird seed up there for her all will be forgiven. 

I love finding bird eggs particularly if I can watch the little babies grow up. When I was little there used to always be a hummingbird nest right next to our front door, and I used to sit staring at it for hours especially after the egg hatched. I was kind of a weird kid, I also loved just staring up into trees for hours too. I actually ended up getting my corneas scratched by bark three separate times during these long examinations of the trees. I think by the third hospital visit my mom had enough of my tree fascination, haha! 

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I'm enjoying a lazy one full of Netflix. 

x's and o's

25 comments:

  1. Awwwe. So cute! There are going to be little birdies all around your home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm pretty darn excited!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They really are, I just love their color so much!

      Delete
  3. What a cute bird, love the name too. We have a starling nesting in our eaves and she's a little bit weird as her beak is abnormally long....I will have to try a capture a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sounds amazing! I would love to see pictures!

      Delete
  4. Wow how cute. One of our friends has a birds nest just behind their TV dish. Hope your birdies turn out to be all well and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh silly little bird, I will keep my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  5. What beautiful eggs and what a lovely bird! There's a bird's nest right by my brother's window & it's really cool until the babies wake up and squawk all morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's incredible! I wish we had a little better view of our guys. I feel like a little bit of a creeper putting up the ladder to see them haha.

      Delete
  6. wow the birds nest really is pretty. That' picture is definitely an inspirational picture I could use in the future. I love hearing all your adventures on building your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, I don't think anyones ever used any of my photos for inspiration! I would be honored!

      Delete
  7. Now this is why we live in the middle of nowhere, amiright?
    I absolutely adore experiences like this. Earlier this week, across the street from my house there were three baby elk hanging out with their moms. I had never seen ones quite so small. They had Bambi legs and bounced more than they walked. I just adore moments like that. I stood on the balcony and just watched them play for a good half an hour.
    I hope to see your little egg friends when they hatch!!

    Nicole

    P.S. Thanks so much for all of your kind words today. I'm so happy to have online-met you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby elk! Eeee! That is amazing! And I'm so happy to have online-met you too!

      Delete
  8. Ack!! So lovely, I adore bird's nests... um, go figure ;o) That is a beautiful find to have the eggs still in tact. wow. My daughter and I just found a couple 'empties' recently.. and even that gets me so happy. Good luck unlocking their mysterious identity!
    Mel ;o)
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding empty shells too! There is just something so fun about them!

      Delete
  9. Whoa I can't imagine ever having my cornea's scratched! yikes! I love the look of little baby birds, hope they hatch soon!

    ♥Sarah♥
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not so much fun, I had to wear an eye patch for like two weeks each time. It was not fun let me tell you.

      Delete
  10. wow this is bliss! shame i live in a big city so its no way for me to discover the birds eggs.

    reminds me a bit of fly away home film hehe

    xo
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never found any when I lived in a big city either, that's why I'm so excited!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited to have them stay here :)

      Delete
  12. How lucky you are to have such amazing house guests!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...