Lovely Mountain | Little Lady Little City: Lovely Mountain

Lovely Mountain

Even though it is starting to get hot and humid up here on the mountain I think this is one of my favorite times of the year, mainly because of the tall wheat like grass. I absolutely love to go and lay in it and just listen to the wind sweep through them. There is nothing as lovely as the sound of wind rushing across a field. 
As long as you don't mow the grass it pretty much stays up till winter, turning this wonderful light brown color. Since we are having our wedding up here on the mountain, I had the idea of keeping the grass all around and just mowing out a large opening where we will be having the reception and pathways to apple trees and different areas. I think not only will it be a great way to get people to the best trees for apple picking, but it will look really beautiful as well. 

I think the only thing I really have to worry about are bugs, but hopefully there won't be too many around come October. Anyone ever try any of those Off Candles or any other non spray bug repellent? I'm curious if they work all that well. 

We are trying to make a bit of a push on the house this week, so please forgive me if I am absent for a couple of days. I think I should still be able to post fairly consistency but just incase not I wanted to make sure you knew where I'd disappeared off to. 

How's your Tuesday going? 

x's and o's 

19 comments:

  1. I agree. Wind rustling through grass is so soothing.

    Sometimes I just like to sit beneath the peach tree in our backyard and watch the branches sway in the wind. Nature is so beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Off works for me all the time, you can also give your guests those off thingies that they can hang somewhere around their body so bugs won't touch 'em.
    Tuesday's great, it's pretty chill. Actually, it's too chill LOL

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a $50 Shabby Apple Gift Card Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing idea (the wheat path to the reception/apple trees)! I bet your wedding will be beautiful.

    xo,
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way tall grass looks and sounds too. It's so soothing...sort of like the ocean but obv in a different way. I think that's a GREAT idea to leave it long and mow a clearing for a wedding - it'd make for great pictures and I'd think that all the bugs would be gone by October.

    Also, thanks much for stopping by my blog. I'm interested in reading more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that sounds like a great idea! The brown grass will definitely bring a different ambiance to the wedding. Sounds like it'll be fun with apple picking and hanging out in the mountains!

    I have tried the Off candles a couple of times and they work really well for me. I heard that if you just get anything pine scented then the bugs will stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that kind of grass :) Maybe those torches would help keep the bugs at bay? We always use them down at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful. What a great place for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a GORGEOUS plan for the wedding. I can just picture it. It will be glorious. Plus! If you leave some tall grass it will make for some beautiful photos of you and your new hubby.

    Good luck with the renos this week. I look forward to seeing photos of what you two are up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh. That is beautiful! I would look great for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're sooo lucky! im a big city girl but you're starting to change my mind...xo

    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have used the Off Spray and although it works well, it's a little greasy :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's a lot of interesting "bug repellent" ideas on Pinterest... supposedly keeping a dryer sheet in your back pocket is supposed to keep mosquitoes away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those wedding pictures are going to be breathtaking! your scenery looks so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. seriously LOVE the idea of mowing a section for the wedding- great idea. Bug aren't that bad really!? We just went to an outdoor wedding in the rain and it was SO lovely- truly a treat to huddle in a witness the love.

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely!! Your wedding is going to be so beautiful. I love that idea :]

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the first time I'm stopping by your blog (I always read/love your comments! I know I'm an awful person for not coming around before...) but I love it. I just read through your posts and such and it's adorable. I totally want to get married on a mountain someday. I adore these pictures. I can just tell it's going to be incredible! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, those pictures are so dreamy! I think that is a great idea for your wedding. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like the most amazing wedding setting! I can just imaginehow beautiful the photographs will be xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...