Sunday Snapshot #20 | Little Lady Little City: Sunday Snapshot #20

Sunday Snapshot #20

1991
Boy are you guys for a treat, one of my many rather embarrassing stories from my youth, haha. So this photo is another one from one of our many trips to visit family in Illinois. Now the embarrassing part comes from a couple of weeks prior to our trip. I was at home playing with one of those round brushes and I got it stuck in my hair and completely panicked. Looking back I have no clue why I was so worried, but at that moment in time getting that brush out of my hair was a matter of life and death. So I did what any smart seven year old would do and cut it out. That's right I cut a huge chunk of hair off the side of my head, making my already sweet bangs continue well past my ear, haha! 
I wish I had better photographic proof of this hair, I know my dad must so next time I am visiting I'm going to have to do a little searching. If I remember there are some pretty amazing school photos with this hair. I seriously have no idea why my mom thought this haircut would be better than just cutting my hair super short in a bob or something. I guess it will just forever be a very goofy mystery, because I am sure my dad has no idea why this happened, or even really remember it for that matter haha. 

I hope you have enjoyed this immensely embarrassing moment from my childhood. Feel free to share any embarrassingly fun story of your own, I would love to know I wasn't the only goofy kid out there.

Happy Sunday.

x's and o's

10 comments:

  1. That's priceless. I have a photo of my Mum from the 60s in my kitchen, she is standing on a Welsh beach after cutting all of her hair off. It makes me smile every time I look at it. My embarrassing story- as a kid, I once shaved off my eyebrows to piss my Mum off. It totally worked. :)

    Kim- http://whatpeggysaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that is an amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing.

      Delete
  2. oh nos. I too had a hair cutting accident. I thought that I had a knot at the close to the bottom of my hair but turns out it was much closer to the top and I cut a huge chuck out. Since I have such curly hair it took about 2 years to grow back. lovely.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear!!

    When I was very young, I was at a friends house when we discovered a pot of baby cream and scissors. The whole room ended up smothered in the cream and my friend cut a lot of chunks out of her hair! Our mums weren't very amused! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done exactly the same thing! One night when I was younger and my parents were on a night out I got a round brush stuck in my hair and I had to call them. They didn't go out often so they weren't very happy but my mam came home and pulled it out for me. Bad times! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh... what a great story! That's what being little is for - being silly and having so many laughs about it later on. Thanks for sharing your embarrassing (but hilarious) past!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable post! Love that picture. :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. just took a little stroll through your blog and am so glad I did! Your little cabin home is amazing and I can't wait to see the finished project! You guys are rockstars! cabin-home-building-rockstars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. making those specks look AWESOME.

    purple i great on you too ;)

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! adorable post! :)
    our dad used to cut our hair when we were kids every summer. after doing my brothers' hair, he got so carried away that he decided to give me a school-boy haircut too. i didn't go out of the house during that traumatic two months. glad i didn't have any photo during that period though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...