Wedding Inspiration | Little Lady Little City: Wedding Inspiration

Wedding Inspiration

This Saturdays Wedding Inspiration is extra special. I'm sharing a couple photos of my wedding dress in progress! While we were in Portland Lex and her family took me around town to look at wedding dresses. The first place we went to was this absolutely adorable vintage bridal boutique that had some of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. But as you probably already know when it comes to vintage boutiques, if you aren't a size four then you are usually out of luck. And well I'm no size four. They really only had two dresses in my size and one of the dresses was very lovely but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. So it was kind of a bust. 

The next couple of places we checked out didn't end up having much either, and we were feeling pretty discouraged. Everything about this wedding had seemingly just fallen into place, except for the dress. But we had one more place to check out, so we had our fingers crossed. This store already had a much larger selection which was a good sign. I grabbed a couple of dresses to try on, and right before I went into the dressing room Lex grab this one dress that looked a little frumpy on the hanger. I was a little unsure, but she talked me into it. It was the first dress I tried on, and while it wasn't the most unique dress in the world it fit almost perfectly, just slightly too big (woo!). Then the gears in Lex's wonderful designer brain started turning and she began to list all the things we could do to dress it up and make it more me. I was sold and bought it.

Oh and one of the best parts about the dress it was only $50! I really didn't want to spend much on a dress that would pretty much only be worn once so the idea of a $2000 dress was a little crazy to me. Not that I didn't try on a couple like that and fall in love with them, but I just couldn't justify spending that type of money on anything really, much less a dress. Lex told me after we got back home that before we walked in she asked my mom to help us out, and I think she most certainly did.

We brought it back to Lex's mother's (Suzie) house and she went to town. Suzie is just an absolutely amazing seamstress and was kind enough to work on the dress for me. 
There is still a little more work to be done on the dress, but I am so excited about it! I think it has become something just so special and is going to look absolutely lovely on the big day. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Any big plans? 

Oh and Prometheus was kind of amazing, I highly recommend it!

x's and o's

16 comments:

  1. our plans are gardening and sewing :)
    have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just relaxing this weekend!

    Can't wait to see the final version of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting! So glad that you found something that you like!
    my plans for the weekend include the wedding of a friend from high school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congratulations on finding "the one"

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeee!! So exciting. I love that you found a dress that worked, but wasn't quite perfect and you're taking the time to change it up. I hate the idea of a cookie cutter wedding dress that can be bought in every size and worn by anyone. It's definitely important to make it your own.

    This weekend I'm hanging out inside. It has been pouring rain for more than a week here and today it's coming down especially hard. I just got home from selling my hair clips at a craft fair (there are now 12 little girls running around with them in their hair!!) and now I'm going to curl up on the couch with my in-progress afghan and a movie.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I'm really looking forward to seeing how your weddings dress turns out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so exciting, look forward hearing more about it in the future! I've been browsing your blog, how you both are building the cabin on the mountain is simply awesome and personal.

    xo
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see how your dress turns out! I'm sure it'll be beautiful! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, I'm so glad it led me back to yours-- I subscribed right away, your blog is so lovely.
    xo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am so excited! You must be really excited!
    Can't wait to see it!
    Also thanks ever so much for visiting my blog too!!
    -Britney of Lemonwood and Honey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, tell me about it! I know how hard it is to find a nice dress... and I'm only talking about regular, everyday dresses! I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! I cant wait to see the finished dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, so mysterious! I'm sure you will look absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So exciting - I can't wait to see the final result!

    xo, Michelle
    neonrattail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great dress story! Congratulations on finding a dress you love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Steve's dying to see it but I've read mixed reviews. I think we'll cough up the money and go see it.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you're doing a vintage dress AND making it your own! Nothing beats being one of a kind on your wedding day, can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...