Whistle While You Work | Little Lady Little City: Whistle While You Work

Whistle While You Work

So as I mentioned the other day we were doing another push on the house this past week, as well as trying to get a pretty big job done. Of course it always seems like we only get half as much stuff done as we originally plan, but I guess such is life.

Anyways we were mainly trying to get the cisterns all built. We are unable to drill a well because there is no water up on the mountain, so we are planning/hoping to get all of our water from rain draining off of our (soon to be) metal roof. There will also probably be a couple months out of the year that we just don't get enough rain and we will have to have it delivered, but it doesn't seem like that would be too frequent. 
As you can see this guy is pretty darn big and we built two of them! Between both of them they will hold about 5500 gallons! That's seriously seems like a ridiculous amount of water, and it's going to be very interesting once we get them all hooked up to see how long they actually last. I don't think I've ever really put too much thought in how much water I used in the course of a day when I had a seemingly endless supply of water.
Not only do I think this photos is pretty darn adorable of Will but it also helps to give you an idea of just how big the cisterns are. He is 6'3" and his head just barely peaks over, if I stood in it I wouldn't even be able to see over the wall at all haha. I will take some pictures of the final product in the next coule of days once we get all the forms off.

Happy Monday to you all.

x's and o's

8 comments:

  1. Now I'm dying to know if the cisterns will hold, how much water you'll use & I'm more than a bit curious 'bout how much water my family of 5 uses in a year...hmmm..think I'll dig up one of our water bills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be keeping everyone updated on how they work out.

      Delete
  2. my goodness, those are huge! how exciting. to be honst, I have never thought about the amont of water I use daily (and have a horrible habit of leaving it running while I wash my face, etc).
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really haven't thought too much about it either until now, I'm a little scared I will use way to much!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it interesting the things you have to think of when you're a) building your own house and b) building it where there are no utility hook ups. I look forward to hearing how the new system all works out and how much water you use.

    I hope you're not too exhausted from all the hard work!!

    P.S. My broccoli grew over the weekend. I was inspecting it last night while drinking a cup of tea and almost spilt it all over myself when I saw how big the floret was getting!! I'm excitedddddd!

    Have you eaten anything out of the greenhouse yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have! We had a couple peas and green beans with lunch yesterday and they were quite yummy! And we have two yellow squash that are almost ready, so I think I'm going to use them in a squash ravioli, eee! I'm excited for that one!

      Yay for broccoli growth! I swear when the plants are little they seem to shoot up like nobodies business, it amazing!

      Delete
  4. great post honey, i really love the phottoss

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how much work you guys have done! It's amazing. Love following your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...