Grab Your Popcorn | Little Lady Little City: Grab Your Popcorn

Grab Your Popcorn

After a really long and stressful day of dealing with house building things and work related things we decided to turn our living room into a movie theater! We recently got a projector and we put it to some good use watching some fun movies and tv shows on a big screen. 
We built our little screen out of a white bed sheet and some 2x4s we had lying around (as you can see behind the screen we have a lot just waiting to be used haha). Granted we had some wrinkles in the sheet but once it got dark you couldn't make them anymore so it worked out wonderfully. 
A while back we brought up our two favorite lounge chairs, but they don't fit in tiny cabin so I was excited to get to use them once again.  Will has had his green one for pretty much as long as he can remember and I got my yellow one the first year I moved back east with Will, so they are pretty dear to our hearts. 
We have some friends coming up for a visit to lend a hand on some house/wedding work so hopefully the weather will be in our favor and we can set up our little theater outside! I'm really excited about the idea of getting to do an outdoor movie, there is just something so fun about them. And of course we will be able to enjoy some wonderful BBQ and treats during the movie. Oh my goodness just thinking about all the yummy goodies we will have is getting me all kinds of hungry! 

What are some of your favorite treats to eat during movies?

Hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday.

x's and o's

27 comments:

  1. this looks like SO much fun! i love it - what a cute little set up! it's great to have friends to help with wedding/house stuff - i couldnt have done it without out friends and family.

    <3 katherine
    crave jewelry giveaway // of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this :) So cute. I love the idea of an outdoor movie party since I saw one on pinterest. Maybe one day ;) I've been wanting to go to the drive in lately. I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! Such a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite snack has to be white white chocolate maltesers!
    your chairs look super comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea!!! I want a projector!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your blog already. Recently watched a movie with a white sheet and a projector, old school fun. Ps following you on instagram now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "We build this little cinima out of things we had around the house NBD" - except it is and its so freakin' cute! God I could use that during our rainy chicago week!

    There's this picture of an outdoor home cinema that I always imaged to have in my house: http://media-cache-ec7.pinterest.com/upload/242490761156387772_B9X2xOmH_f.jpg

    The dream!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Sarah
    http://www.zzouzivintage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite movie snack is adding regular m&ms to hot buttered popcorn... soooo unhealthy, but soooo delicious! The m&ms melt a little from the hot popcorn & the combination of salty and sweet is just irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww. It's nice to see that you were able to kick back and relax after all of your hard work.

    I love peanut M&Ms or popcorn with Nibs in it. Yum!

    Have an awesome time with your friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fun. I like carrots and hoummous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so fun!! our neighborhood does this for holidays..like the 4th, Halloween...it is always soo fun. they usually get a keg!!! and cookies for the kids.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, this is incredibly cool and creative! I'm going to have to try this!

    xoxo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. so jealous! I've been wanting to go to a movie in the park night all summer and still haven't made it. yours is even better - you don't have to fight for a good spot! xx

    http://abhayayoga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SUCH an awesome idea - I love it! There's nothin' better than curling up and watching a movie with your favorite treats...I'm a sucker for Milk Duds and Swedish fish :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how fun!!! This is such a cool idea!

    Hmmm best movie snacks... popcorn with M&M's tossed in is AMAZING. Sweet & salty. You really can't go wrong.

    Oh and one time, for my birthday party, we did a Willy Wonka Theme and we watched the movie and everyone got a chocolate bar and one had a golden ticket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! My husband keeps talking about buying a projector and wants to do this in our house, but I think the outside theater idea is much better :)
    ~Mel
    Oh, My

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh! It's coming together!!

    I usually don't snack during movies, I prefer a sweet drink or an adult beverage. teehee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so fun!

    I like wine with my movies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this looks so lovely!! so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fun! I love that you get to build a house together, even as stressful as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never thought to do this - such a great idea!!! and I LOVE your yellow chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, this is awesome! I love impromptu fun with my love! What an awesome stress relief from all of the home building stress!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So fun! For movies, you need to have Twizzlers. Also, hot popcorn with nonpareil candies melted in it! Mmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...