I Takes What I Can Gets | Little Lady Little City: I Takes What I Can Gets

I Takes What I Can Gets

I hope everyone had a great Fourth yesterday! Ours was pretty nice, we worked on the house during the day and then had a little cook out in the evening, which was pretty darn yummy. Can I just say that Tofurky brand sun-dried tomato and basil "sausage dogs" are kind the most amazing thing in the world! Seriously if you haven't tried them before do yourself a little favor. So delicious with some potato salad. 

This was the frist time we actually were up on the mountain for the Fourth so we were curious if we would be able to see any fireworks from up here, but mother nature decided to give us another kind of show. Just as it started to get dark enough to see some fireworks a huge thunderstorm came rolling in! Luckily Will thought about grabbing the camera because he ended up getting some absolutely amazing shots of the lightning!
It was quite the show, and little Wig-wog didn't seem to be scared by the thunder at all, so that was another plus. I guess we will have to wait till next year to see if we can enjoy some of our towns fireworks from our little mountain home. 

What did you guys do for the Fourth? 

x's and o's

22 comments:

  1. We had some insane storms too yesterday - the power was flicking on and off for hours! We spent the afternoon watching the new Spiderman movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a storm. Great photos!

    I posted about my Canadian 4th of July over on the blog today. It wasn't quite as electric as your American one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Nature's version is much better than the man made fireworks -- how majestic!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are absolutely breathtaking, a million times cooler than fireworks for sure! your scenery is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and what a shot! I love it!

    -XO Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah what fab fab photos!!! Beautiful!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you could send some of that rain my way it would be great, it hasn't rained here in Missouri for months! My poor garden is barely holding on. Those lightning shots are amazing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely!
    I'd like to present you with a Liebster award!
    You can read about it in my most recent post: http://darthpickles.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html
    Thanks for being such an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos. Must have been quite the show!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! great pictures :)
    I managed to take some too, a few yours ago in greece ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those photos are amazingly crazy! and i havent tried the tofurkey sausage dogs....will definitely add to my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that those pictures of the lightening. Our fireworks were cancelled because of rain, but we didn't even get that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. That storm looks fantastic! I don't know of anything Much better than a really wicked storm! Great photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man! Have you had the Smart Dogs Italian Sausages? Sooo good for a vegan option!

    Your photographs are an awesome replacement for fireworks.....more like nature's fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love thunderstorms! So jealous.

    I'm Canadian, but reading all of these blog posts about the 4th make me wish I could join in on the fun!

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWOW so lucky the camera got whipped out in time! These shots are amazing! Also, I'm in love with your blog, just saying! XxElly

    ReplyDelete
  17. What amazing photos! I love thunder and lightning, unfortunately we haven't had much here in recent years....just seem to get an awful lot of rain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...