Oatmeal Cookies | Little Lady Little City: Oatmeal Cookies

Oatmeal Cookies

Can we talk about my love of all things cookies, especially if those cookies are either snicker doodles or  oatmeal! I am seriously a sucker when it comes to either of them and my "Oh I will just have one," because me stuffing my face with at least three or four, it's not a pretty sight haha! So the other day when I decided I wanted some oatmeal cookies, I ended up making more than anyone one person should ever make. Thankfully this week is a week of working on the house and the property so I should be able to burn off those extra calories (or at least that is what I tell myself while stuffing my face). 
 
I used recipe with a few modifications. I omitted about 1/2 cup of sugar so these we far less sweet and were very delightful!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick, soft)
1/2 cup of brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats (I used Quaker quick oats) 

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl mix together butter and suger (we don't have a mixer currently so I just used a good old fork) Add eggs and vanilla. Once mixed well add flour, cinnamon, salt and oats. Mix well.

Place on cookie sheet at bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly and then enjoy with milk. 
 
Let me know if you try out this recipe or have a favorite oatmeal cookie recipe of your own! 

Hope everyone is having a nice Thursday.

x's and o's

PS Thank you for all your wonderfully kind comments on yesterdays post. You all are all just too wonderful.

13 comments:

  1. I always think cookies are meant to be eaten in portions of three or four :) these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so yummy! if you like white chocolate and nuts throw some in there its amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that sounds absolutely heavenly! I'm putting white chocolate and nuts on the grocery list for sure!

      Delete
  3. Ok. It's almost 12am and I'm getting hungry.
    These cookies look so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh these look wonderful. i think some weekend baking might happen. thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh! want! It's midnight and I'm officially snacky! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe! I love anything with cinnamon in, and these look yummy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this recipe! i might try them over the weekend! they look like my favorite cookies from sweden! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can always, always, ALWAYS talk about cookies.

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. No one loves oatmeal cookies. They are my favourite (and snickerdoodles, strangely!). I don't crave chocolate chip. I mean, I'll eat them, but they're never my first choice. I did a post about snickerdoodles back in the winter: http://nicolescoffeeshop.blogspot.ca/2012/03/doodle-me-this.html

    I might just give these oatmeal cookies a go this weekend. If it cools down enough to turn on the oven, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...