Spicy Zucchini/Squash Tortellini

I mentioned in this post that we have quite a few yellow squash in need of some yummy recipes. Well I originally found a very yummy sounding ravioli recipe but had no luck of getting my hands on any pre-made/frozen ravioli at the store, and as you know our kitchen is in no shape for making homemade ravioli. However, I did end up finding some tortellini so I changed up the recipe a little bit. It was pretty darn good, and it was a super big hit with Will. 
I once again used a variation of a recipe. I absolutely love trying new recipes and making them a little more my own.

Ingredients:

1/2 yellow squash
1/2 zucchini
2 cups frozen tortellini
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 Tbs flour
1 cup skim milk
2 Tbs parmesan cheese
1/2 oz cream cheese (I originally used 1 oz and thought it was a little too rich, so add to taste)
1 tsp garlic salt
1+ Tbs red pepper flakes (Will and I like things spicy so add slowly and to taste)

Prepare tortellini according to the package. In a saucepan combine oil and 1/2 Tbs of the flour and mix. Once mixed add milk, parmesan cheese, cream cheese and the remaining flour. When it starts to thicken remove from heat.

Cut yellow squash and zucchini into thin slices, steam or cook in a frying pan until tender.

Once tortellini is cooked put into bowl with veggies and cover in sauce, and enjoy!
Let me know if you guys try this out, I would love to hear what you think! 

Anyone have any other yummy recipes I could try out with our squash and zucchini?

x's and o's

14 comments:

  1. You could try zucchini cookies! My friend makes this recipe all the time and her little ones gobble them up!

    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-cookies/

    Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage
    http://fabulouslyvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm looks yummy! I'm a huge fan of zucchini bread-- not exactly news worthy, but a good way to use up a few zukes!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god did this make my tummy grumble haha, i'm so going to force my boyfriend to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love zucchini! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks incredible! I'll have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Looks so good.

    I know you've already made zucchini bread, but have you tried making it with pineapple in it? That's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! Definitely going to try it out! And, PS; lovely blog! I was especially excited to see posts about greenhouse gardening! My husband and I are going to be starting one so I am sure I will be pulling all sorts of inspiration from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh WOW i'm making this for dinner. done deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love zucchini and that recipe looks delicious! I'll have to try it sometime. :D

    xx Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks so yummy what a fabulous recipe and what lovely photographs!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks incredible! Thanks for sharing. I love a good soup–even mid-summer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Check this one out- we made it last week and are..umm.. a bit addicted.
    http://eatlivemake.blogspot.com/2012/07/gluten-free-vegan-zuchinni-fritters.html
    And this looks so so good too!! I'm going to try it out with gf noodles. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...