Week in Instagram v 6

I'm not going to lie this week was pretty awesome mainly because of little Wig-wog, but also because we are making some good process on the house, which is always very exciting! 

  1. That huge storm coming our way that we didn't realize was going to be quite as big as it was.
  2. The aftermath of the storm. Not pictured is our outhouse flipped over on its side, haha! 
  3. Slappi Wig-wog!! This was on the drive up the mountain. He had been in his little carrying case for almost 5 hours not making one little peep so we let him stretch out on the dash as we headed up to our mountain home.
  4. I randomly started getting Teen Vogue in the mail. I guess someone thinks I'm a lot younger than I am and that I need to work on my fashion, haha! 
  5. One of Wig-wog's favorite places to slumber. I guess it's a good thing I don't have much computer work this week :)
  6. I have no clue what kind of bug this is that we found in our greenhouse, but he kind of really freaks me out. 
I also wanted to share this article I found over at The Huffington Post. I don't think a lot of people realize that there are millions of people in rural areas that have no access to broadband interent. Laws are also being passed (thanks to the influence of large internet companies) so the communities cannot create their own broadband co-ops, even though those large companies have no plans of ever bringing the internet to those areas because they won't make enough profit. Rural areas get the short end of the stick on a lot of things, and in this case it's particularly unsettling because it very directly prohibits people like us from being able to live and do business in so many of the beautiful places in this country. We're lucky to have the access we do, but compared to most urban settings out internt is pitiful. 

x's and o's

11 comments:

  1. Your new little kitty is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I love your kitty. :)

    And that is a tomato bug. I found one in our garden when I was like, eight, and for the week after that I was afraid to get out of bed in the middle of the night because I had nightmares that my floor was covered with them.

    Okay, I'm going to go cry now.

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have nightmares of it too! It is so creepy looking! Sorry to bring back bad memories.

      Delete
  3. Haha! Teen Vogue. Love it. Just a friendly reminder that you need to dress up and do your makeup before you work on the house. :)

    It's good to see Wig-wog is settling in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I really need some awesome neon colored 3 inch heels when putting up dry wall, haha!

      Delete
  4. Oh such a sweet little cat!!!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a weird, but important question: how do you format your instagrams? I tried doing a similar set up last night to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it in Photoshop actually. I make it all into one image, hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. We have the same probs with internet out here in our more rural areas-- given that a lot of the classes at college require online access {including the ones I teach} the pseudo-monopolies have become quite a problem {same with cell phone access}-- thanks for the article link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny that you randomly started getting Teen Vogue! I bet it's actually a pretty interesting magazine. :) It's so fun making progress on the house. Happy Friday!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...