Week in Instagram v 7

  1. We hang Wig-wog's toys from the ceiling and he absolutely loves it! I have a feeling that if we aren't careful our entire cabin will be filled with hanging kitty toys, haha! 
  2. Summer Reading Program for Grown-ups?! Heck ya! I was beyond excited when I found out our library was doing this! 
  3. The largest egg I have ever seen! I found out it had two yolks in it, which I have never seen before. It was all kinds of crazy. 
  4. My poor swollen/bruised elbow from a fall. 
Ok so I'm going to talk about the fourth picture a little more because the fact I didn't break any bones was a miracle of some kind. As most of your know we currently live in a 150 sq ft tiny cabin home while we finish working on the mountain house. We have our bed upstairs in a loft and our work area down stairs. Well yesterday morning I was coming down our stairs/ladder/shelves and I completely missed a step, or so I think, the memory of what happened is kind of blurry. I fell about 7 feet down straight onto my back/butt and my elbow! It was one of the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me. Everything went all slow motion as I fell and I saw a least part of my life flash before my eyes. My only saving grace that kept me from breaking anything was I landed on Wig-wog's cat scratching hut. I flatted it when I hit it, but I think it gave just enough of a cushion so I didn't kill myself in the fall. My poor elbow is really the only thing that got messed up (besides a couple other little bruises and cuts). It's kind of hard to see in that picture but it seriously looked like I had three other elbow bones sticking out because it was so crazy swollen!

My elbow is feeling a lot better today, still a little sore when I bend it, but it is getting better. I just have to take it easy the next couple of days and keep icing it and it should be as good as new. 

Hope everyone is having a great and fall free Friday!

x's and o's

12 comments:

  1. OUCH! Poor you! I fell down some stairs two years ago and did some real damage to one leg; I'm so careful about my footing now! Hope your cuts and bruises all heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been watching where I set going up the stairs like a hawk now. Hopefully there will be no more falling for the both of us!

      Delete
  2. Aw! That sucks! Thank God for... cat scratching huts? :) So glad you didn't break any bones, hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know who would have thought cat scratching huts had a dual purpose, haha!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, you are lucky you didn't do some serious damage-- Be careful-- living in the mountains is phenomenal, but their are inherent hazards!!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know how lucky I was, I will be far more careful when climbing up and down the stairs from now on!

      Delete
  4. Ouch your poor elbow - that looks a good bruise you're developing! I love the idea of having kitty toys from the ceiling - I think our youngest cat would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sounds like a crazy fall! Glad you're okay.

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woman! That is a freaky story. Holy moly. I hope you have time to rest and ice your cuts and bruises this weekend. Take care of yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no your poor elbow! That must have been so scary! I'm glad you're okay :)

    Xoxo Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch!! Lucky you didn't do any damage! Hopefully it heals easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes that sounds so painful! Just thinking about falling makes me squirm :/ I hope you heal up asap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...