Zucchini Bread | Little Lady Little City: Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread

So our little garden is in harvest mode right now and I am loving it! We had a little aphid attack and lost couple of our pea plants, but thankfully Will saw that happening and planted 40 new ones a couple months ago, hehe. But now that our little plants are giving us all these wonderful veggies I am trying to find fun and yummy ways to use them.

Of course I made some zucchini bread, I mean talk about yummy! 
I used a variation of this recipe, I made it so it came out a little drier than most zucchini bread, which I  tend to like more. It also came out a lot lighter than normal, but I'm not sure why that happened.

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp cinnamon
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups chopped zucchini (I didn't have a grater so I just chopped it so there were much larger chunks in it which we kind of like better).

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. In another bowl mix eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together, until well blended. Add zucchini to the wet mixture and then add in dry ingredients. Once mixed well pour into well greased and floured pans. 

Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes. Serve with a cup of tea for a delightful treat :)
It is another hot day here, which doesn't make working on the house much fun, but it's gotta get done. So I had best get back to it. I should have a couple pictures of all the things we got done for you guys in the next couple of days.


What are you guys doing to keep cool?

x's and o's 

17 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Sounds delicious. Even more so when you grow your own ingredients! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious!! Ian hates zucchini, so I didn't plant any. Now I'm wishing I had.

    I'll have photos of our broccoli and what it became up on the blog next week. Oh boy was it delicious. Better than any broccoli I have ever tasted.

    Gardens are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm! I love using zucchini in baking! Chocolate chip zucchini cookies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally keep meaning to try to make a zucchini bread [or as we call them in my homeland of the UK courgettes!].

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've planted like 15 zucchini this year and some of the plants look pretty promising with huuuge blossoms! I've been looking for some recipes to try once I can harvest the zucchini. This will definitely make it into my bookmarks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never thought of making anything like this, I kind of feel like I did about carrot cake about it...but I might have to give it a try :-)

    http://katyclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm more of a banana bread person, but maybe I'll give this a try. :)

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yum! and now onto growing my own...now that sounds real, real good ; ) xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. another recipe to file away until my grow grows a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We grew a load a couple of years ago; it's amazing how many recipes you can find out there for courgettes!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Follow the link to my page for more info!

    Kim x

    http://whatpeggysaid.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks really nice!!
    check my blog if you want and maybe follow
    http://xouxounitsa.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this looks yummy! i'll have to save this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummm zucchini bread..... so delicious.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks yummy! I am a huge zucchini fan so I definitely will be trying this out! :)

    Glad I found your blog!! Following here and on Bloglovin! :)

    Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage
    http://fabulouslyvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Amanda,
    Our neighbors gave us a huge zucchini from their garden, and I decided to try out your recipe! I wrote a post with my tweaks on the recipe and linked back to you. Check it out here: http://arainparade.blogspot.com/2012/07/baby-zucchini-baked-into-bread.html
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many are made exclusively for our Company by our Natural herbal extracts friends

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...