A House in Progress

Will and I are in DE visiting his parents for the week, and I had every good intention of bringing the photos of the house with me to do a blog post about what we have done recently, but I forgot. Well I didn't really forget, they are all on my desktop which is what I usually use, I just didn't transfer them over to my laptop, oops. I do have some photos on my phone that I will share, but I promise there will be better quality ones once we get back to WV next week. 

Before... (all the below pictures were taken towards the end of last year and the year before in the fall months)
There was lots of dirt mounds everywhere from when we first started building the house.
We had tons of scrap wood covering the yard, and an incredibly cool tower we would use to look down into the valley and across the mountain. But it started to become a little too wobbly so we took it down and now use the cupola to see everything. 
After... (I just put a whole bunch of phone photos into a panorama pretty quickly so that's why the there are blocks that look all different)
All that dirt will hopefully be grass by the wedding! Eeek so nerve-wracking! And that mound of dirt there blocks the windows from the road so it will be a quite little sitting area once the grass starts to grow. It should also be very pretty to look at too. 
We are planning on having the ceremony here over looking the valley. And then the reception will be just to the right of this picture in the apple orchard (which you can see in the above picture).
It's pretty funny to look at the after pictures because it kind of looks worse than the before with no grass, haha! But trust me this is a lot better, you don't have to worry about tripping on things quite as much, and you can see down into the valley from the living room now. It's pretty darn wonderful!

Now that the outside is pretty much done (minus the grass) we are focusing all of our efforts on the inside of the house! I can hardly wait to get it all plumbed and wired. I don't think I will ever take having running water and an oven for granted ever again, haha! Oh those things are going to happen so soon I can almost taste it! Haha I just realized that every other sentence in this post has ended with an exclamation point, and as it should really because this is exciting stuff (at least for me, hehe)!

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

x's and o's

Also thank you to all of you who have participated in the survey, I'm already getting back some great information. Like how you love hearing about the house building, which makes me so happy because it is such a big part of our lives!

16 comments:

  1. Yay! I love these photos, they look great :) So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait really?! this is going to be your house?! it looks like something out of a book!! cannot wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it really does kind of look like something from a book doesn't it!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is amazing! What a view and what a house! How exciting:)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely in love with the view, I am pretty sure I could look out at it all day long!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It really made my day :)
    I can't believe you and your mister are building your own house! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I can hardly believe we did all of that work too!

      Delete
  5. Hi Amanda! Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting, I love your blog and everything about you building your own house, it looks so majestic and wonderful! I can't wait to get to know you and get caught up on your blog posts!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be plenty more house posts especially when we start working on the inside!

      Delete
  6. So exciting! You have such a beautiful view at that house... I can't wait to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm happy yo hear you enjoy reading about the house because it's such a big part of our lives!

      Delete
  7. Where in DE are you guys visiting? That's where I live! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are near just outside of Georgetown!

      Delete
  8. Whoaaa this is cool! Love these panoramic photos and y'all have such a spectacular view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The view is so wonderful, the photos hardly do it justice!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...