And I'm Back!

Phew, it has been a loooong couple of weeks, between work and the house I am absolutely exhausted! Thankfully both Will and little Wig-wog let me sleep in today and I am feeling a little bit more rested. We got a lot of the dirt work done around the house (I will do a big house post later this week), which I am all kind of excited about. Not only is our beautiful view now unobstructed, but we have it all ready to plant the grass, which will hopefully will be grown in enough for the wedding! Please keep your fingers crossed for that one, cause otherwise we will have one dusty wedding haha. 

Our super long work week came to the most delightful end when our amazing friends Hannah and Eric came up for some quality time, and of course some super yummy foods! The weather has been so nice lately that we got to do both dinner and breakfast outside, it was pretty splendid! 
Our grill is pretty much on it's last leg (haha get it). It was something that Will's dad got for free and then brought it up for us to use. It works pretty darn wonderfully as long as you don't mind how it looks. 
Will was our grill master general for the evening. Unfortunately by the time the food was ready I was too hungry to remember to take some pictures of our wonderful meal. But let me tell you it sure was delicious! 
Some of our green apple trees are already ripe so I thought it would be nice to make an apple pie, and I must say it is the best toaster oven apple pie I've ever made. Recipe coming soon. 
The next mornings meal was just as wonderful as the night before. We decided some apple cinnamon wheat pancakes would be rather yummy, and boy were they. Recipe coming soon too. I hope you all are enjoying all the recipes I am sharing, because I love making them! 
The pancakes were so filling that two were plenty for everyone so Will and I got to have the left overs this morning. 
Hannah enjoying our breakfast outside.
It was such a great time getting to hang out with some wonderful friends and getting to relax a little, especially after a long and stressful week. It was a lot of fun catching up, watching bad movies, and just filling our bellies with lots of delicious foods. We don't get hang out with our friends often enough so it is always extra fun when they come up for a visit!

I must I am happy to have the time again for some more regular posts. It's kind of funny how much I missed updating and reading others blogs. So tell me what have you been up to lately? 

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

x's and o's

23 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy to have you back. I feel like that grill is perfect for you guys. Even if it's makeshift with it's one leg. It's just so rustic looking. I dig it.

    What have I been up to, you ask!? Proving my old ladyness by passing out at 10:30 p.m. after drinking too much vodka, winning $30 for being second place in poker (no one expected I could do that, so it was pretty cool), eating way too much meat (there were five meats in one meal on Saturday. Ick!), hiking and watching Hell's Kitchen.

    I've missed you! And I'm looking forward to that pie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! :) Love the photos. And glad you're back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks like the most amazing weekend! i love cooking and eating outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy to see you back. looks like you've been quite busy the last couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to your new little pie recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...everything sounds good! I wish the weather was nicer here. I've been wanting to have a picnic dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad your back, lovely post and photos! glad you had fun and hope the grass grows enough in time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh toaster oven pie? please post the recipe! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a happy Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a relaxing place to be, and the food looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That looks so fun! And those dishes are so yummy looking! Now I want pancakes!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm totally following you now!

    Clare
    understatedclassics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait for that apple pie recipe. Looks super good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great time with friends... and yummy food!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. lunch and dinner outside? Wow, you're one lucky gal with one full stomach! I'm glad you finally got some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. APPLE PIEEE! Now you're making me wish it was fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pancakes look delish! Super stoked for the recipe. :)

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm in love with this!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness that pie looks lovely! I always hate it when I dive into eating and forget to take pictures!

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that grill is awesome! there is something so homey about these pictures that i love! how awesome that you made a pie from your own fruit :D

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm craving pancakes so bad now...

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an adorable post! Looks like fun!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so honored to appear on your blog! You've inspired me to get back into the bloggin' spirit. Awesome weekend, REALLY awesome food. Can't wait to come back. That movie was so bad, methinks I have to write a review about it.

    Also, tell Will that I said this post was both cute and super cute and then cute again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so delicious. Your blog is awesome by the way it is exciting to see you build your own special house that is in a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love reading so many different blogs because it's so wonderful to see family and friends spending good old-fashioned time together :) sharing a meal right in the midst of your apple orchard is so simple and profoundly perfect. i'm sure this will be a fond memory for you in future years after the house is finished. these moments are the ones that matter most :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...