Apple Cinnamon Wheat Pancakes | Little Lady Little City: Apple Cinnamon Wheat Pancakes

Apple Cinnamon Wheat Pancakes

When Hannah and Eric were here a couple of weeks ago we did our mountain breakfast tradition of Apple Cinnamon Wheat Pancakes. With so many apples ripe up here already I can constantly trying to find new yummy recipes I can incorporate them into, and these pancakes are one of my favorites! But fair warning they are extremely filling and can sneak up on you, so try your best not to devour all of them in one sitting.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I used some really wonderful kind from Trader Joe's it was something like 100% Whole Wheat White Flour, and it worked wonderfully)
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 Tbs butter, melted
2-3 green apples cut into thin slices
cinnamon to taste (I usually use 1-2 Tbs)
Lightly grease up a frying pan or griddle and put on medium heat. Use a large spoon or ladle to put batter onto the griddle. Then place apple slices on top of the batter and spoon some more batter covering most of the apples. Cook until golden brown on each side (or cooked in the middle).

Serve with syrup and a glass of milk and enjoy!

Oh man just writing this post is making me so hungry for these guys, I think I might have to make some tonight for some breakfast for dinner.

Today I will be outside once again grading top soil and planting grass seeds, definitely not the most fun thing in the world but it has to be done. And of course once all the grass starts growing in it will be worth all the hard work we put into it.

Hope everyone have a great Monday!

x's and o's 

17 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I can easily make these gluten-free :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday's are always so hard! Your recipe made it a little better. Super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this sounds lovely. Especially since I'm on a health kick trying to lose baby weight. Thanks for sharing!

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying these asap, they look way too good to just pass up! Yuuuum they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look sooooo good! Thanks for sharing, I need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blog! This looks delicious! I'm officially a follower! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm I love wheat pancakes. Have fun with your house building work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks so good! I was making pancakes this weekend, with heart shaped food colouring to make a special breakfast for my boyfriends birthday ;)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. after my diet i will definatly tries this!!!

    www.mamajulesbrussels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, these look amazing! I love pancakes, and these sound healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, I soooo need to make these. Thanks for sharing ;)

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you out did my little waffle recipe here. I will be trying this stat. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look absolutely delicious! I don't know why I never thought of plopping some apples in my pancake batter. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog as well!

    xo
    Diana
    http://unusuallylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. With fall just around the corner...and thinking of apple & cinnamon flavours, these sound like the perfect fall breakfast food! I will be giving this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...