Baked Apple | Little Lady Little City: Baked Apple

Baked Apple

As you know we have about a zillion apple trees on our property and the majority of the green apples are ripe. This means pretty much everything I make is going to start having apples incorporated, which is a-ok with me because, come on, who doesn't love apples. So when I heard Will has never had the pleasure of having a baked apple, I knew this was the next item on the list to make. 

Ingredients (adapted from this recipe)

4 green tart apples
4 Tbs strawberry jam
4 Tbs flour
8 Tbs butter cut into cubes
9 Tbs brown sugar
1 1/2 cups oats, uncooked
1 Tbs cinnamon
1/2 Tbs nutmeg
6 Tbs vanilla

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Put your oats, sugar, butter, cinnamon, flour, and nutmeg in a mixer and mix well. Core your apples and put a tablespoon on jam in each of the holes. Place mixture on top of each of the apples. Place the vanilla on the bottom of your pan, and place the left over oat mixture on top the vanilla.

Cook for 35-45 minutes, or until apple is soft. These guys are pretty darn delicious and filling so you might want to share one with someone! What are some of your favorite apple recipes, I can always use more :)

We are still waiting for the other shoe to drop with work, which has been both nice and terrifying because the longer the clients wait to start the more crammed we are going to be with the wedding. I think my biggest worry is us having to do work up until the day before the wedding, I doubt that will happen but that doesn't mean I can't worry about it haha.

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday.

x's and o's

11 comments:

  1. I love apples and I love this recipe! I'm definitely going to try this one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. This is perfect for fall coming up! And looks so yummy!
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, this looks amazing. Can't wait to try!

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love apple desserts. Yet another thing to get me stocked for Fall.

    - tianna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this and immediately grabbed my car keys to make a trip to the grocery store. Most of the stuff I had already, but I am so excited to try this recipe! I've never had a baked apple either... I'll let you know how it turns out. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you love it as much as we did!

      Delete
  6. mmmmmmmmm looks delish

    http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks yummy! i've never tried eating baked apples too. still can't get over the fact that you have apple trees right in your own backyard. that's like the coolest! lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm. Yummy!! I have a recipe... eat them raw. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! i love baked apples but i normally just use butter, cinnamon + brown sugar. i can't wait to try it will your added ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...