If You Really Knew Me

I have seen this little thing going around and when I spotted it over at Beca's blog I thought I would partake because honestly it seems like fun. 

If you really knew me...

You'd know that I split my lip when I was little, and now when I smile big one side of my smile is always bigger than the other. So if I tried to take a legitimate smiling picture it looks like I'm being silly. So I tend to do closed mouth smiles, which I think come off as smirky. Oh well what's a girl to do? Hehe. 

You'd know that sometimes I get horrible giggle fits that I cannot stop for the life of me. And when they get really bad I start to cry. So I look like a complete nutter laughing and crying uncontrollably. 

You'd know that I have a really hard time letting go of friendships, even if they are toxic ones. I've talked about it a little before about there being this weird divide of friends, those before my mom got sick and passed away and those after. The friends from before are the hardest for me to let go of. 

You'd know that I become very loyal to specific actors, so much so that I say things like "I sure hope Kyle Chandler's (coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights) movie career takes off, he sure seems like a swell guy, I really want him to do well." Yup I'm one of those weirdos. 

You'd know that I pretty much put pepper flakes in everything I cook. It's got to the point that when it isn't in something Will asks where they are, haha. What can I say I love spicy things. 

You'd know that I come from a family of very distinguished lawyers and judges, but chose not to go into law but rather got my BFA in photography. Then started to work with Will creating/shooting commercials and other varies video projects.

You'd know that I could hardly sleep the night before we went to meet/bring home Wig-wog and woke up at 5AM eagerly waiting for everyone else to get up so we could go! It's really kind of sad how excited I was (wait a second no it wasn't because it was one of the best days ever!) 

You'd know that I have a love/hate relationship with my jowls. They are exactly like my mom's, which makes me love them because when I look at myself I can see her in me. I hate them because I think they are just huge, like you can store three bags of nuts in them for winter huge. But as I grow older I am really starting to embrase them more, they are the jowls my mother gave me and they aren't going anywhere.

You'd know that last year Will and I did so much traveling we were never home for longer than a week or two before we had to go to another state for work or some reason. It was a lot of fun traveling all the time but it sure got tiring. 

You'd know that if left to my own devices I would cook a new type of cookie/pie everyday. Baking is one of my favorite ways to relieve stress and is a fun creative outlet for me. I absolutely love coming up with new recipes, and if I had more people to try them out on I wouldn't have to worry about gaining tons of weight. 

I think that is probably a good amout of things for now. I really had a blast with this so you might just see it pop up every now and again. 

Tell me something about yourself! 

x's and o's

I tried to get a picture with little Wig-wog but she was not having her picture taken today. So this is all I got, which I think might just be picture gold! I think she was still grumpy at me about the medicine I had to give her earlier. I tried to tell her it was for her own good, but you know kittens, hehe.

28 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post, I've seen a lot of them but I think they would never annoy me. And I have the laughter thing as well sometimes; it can last like half an hour even haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear I'm not the only one with the laughing fits, hehe!

      Delete
  2. "You'd know that if left to my own devices I would cook a new type of cookie/pie everyday."

    Uh, yes. This is me too. 100%. Except mine would have to be gluten-free. But sugar would still be involved, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking is seriously the greatest ever! Glad to hear there are other avid bakers out there :)

      Delete
  3. I also like baking! And I'm with you on the friendships...I tend to get walked all over and can't ever make the decision to actually end it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to work on that, neither of us deserve to be treated poorly by people, must less friends!

      Delete
  4. oh little wig-wog! And my summer is looking a bit like your last year of traveling. The longest I've been home this summer is 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Now that we haven't been traveling quite as much I am kind of missing it!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, are we the same person?? Haha... we have a lot in common! I think I'll do a post like this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It was a whole lotta fun!

      Delete
  6. Love this post because I love the little details that make us feel like who we are! You are adorable and I can relate to grumpy kittens, my kitty gets sooo grumpy some times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one whose kitty can be a grump. At least it makes for some funny pictures :)

      Delete
  7. I can be the exact same way with toxic friendships. =/

    I definitely have laughing/crying fits! Luckily, my husband, best friend, brothers, and mom all have them too! =)

    My family is full of lawyers as well! I definitely went a completely different route. I have not finished school yet but I opened my own small business doing event planning and photography three years ago. Now I do photography full time.

    All that traveling sounds amazing! I am hoping to do more traveling in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I love that pretty much your whole family gets the laughing fits!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and the lovely comment! The last picture made me laugh, for like two minutes, hahaha.

    xoxoxo
    Ariel

    http://littlelion-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad to have been of service in the laughing front!

      Delete
  9. That last picture! She is definitely giving you "the hand" (or "the paw" in this case!)

    Pepper flakes make everything better. Thanks for sharing some interesting facts about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is so very true, I got rejected haha! And yes another pepper flake lover!

      Delete
  10. I loved this post! Yours was really funny. Some of the ones I've read have been kind of boring, haha. :P I enjoy the last picture of you and your kitty and I especially enjoy that you bake a lot too! It's an addiction...

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this! It was great getting to know you a little more, AND I learned the word jowl :p
    -S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jowl is a pretty wonderful word, that I definitely try to use on a regular basis :)

      Delete
  12. If you really knew me, you'd know that the hardest decision I've ever had to make was to stay home for college. This decision led me to the love of my life and I've never regretted it. :)
    Adorable post, adorable cat, and that face you're making is epic!

    Sara
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I am so happy to hear that that hard decision led you to the love of your life! That is absolutely fantastic!

      Delete
  13. cute kitten!!

    www.mamajulesbrussels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I also have trouble letting go of friends, love spicy food and have a love/hate for the hips my mother gave me :)

    You can read mine here! http://mandatorycreations.blogspot.com/2012/08/if-you-really-knew-me.html

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to do one of these :) I LOVE them. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did one...http://dailydoily.typepad.com/peaceloveandcupcakes/2012/08/if-you-really-knew-me.html
    ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...