We Did It!

(click on the image to see a larger version of Will's photo)
We got the whole backyard graded and planted with seeds! Granted we still have the whole front yard to get done, but whatever the backyard is done! We probably put in over a week's worth of work into it, and boy was it tiring. Of course, half the days we worked it was super hot with no clouds in the sky (unlike the finished photo above). Now we just need the grass to grow, because this is still our top location to have our wedding ceremony. However if the grass doesn't come in in time, we have another wonderful spot picked out. 

I guess my body is not used to so much racking because it is pretty much dying! I'm talking about back muscles I've never felt before are hurting. Will makes fun of me (in a nice way) when I complain because he has been doing this type of work all his life, so he is pretty darn used to sore muscles. 

The rest of today I am just cleaning our little cabin home and letting my muscles take a little breather, before getting back into the house and tackling the next project on our long list of things we need to get done. 

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! 

x's and o's

18 comments:

  1. Well done with the seeds! A gift to yourself that will keep on giving. Make him give you a backrub to help with those muscles :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can only imagine. I get tired of just taking care of one tomato plant, haha. Beautiful picture :) ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I can't wait to see little grass sprouts! Congrats!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! I can't believe you two did all that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, sounds hard but fun too! And think of all the yummy and pretty things those seeds will grow!

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought my back hurt from lugging books around at school, yours must be aching! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Success. That photos is gorgeous. What a beautiful spot for a wedding. I can't wait to see the grass growing!

    Take 'er easy. You don't want to injure yourself. I think it's time for a movie night for you, my friend. Get the sheet and your cozy chairs out and make some popcorn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man oh man! Hard working lady right here!
    I just can't wait to see how the yard turns out.
    Watching your house come together is just so great.
    It is a dream of mine to build my own house/everything that goes with it, and watching ya'll just reminds me that it can be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! beautiful photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job!! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amanda! Oh man, I've been daydreaming all summer about having a farm, or just some land to work on. I have a deck, like the top of a garage deck, where I have to crawl out of my window to get to. ha! Someday huh? I could go without the backpains though. :)
    Good luck with your grass!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job with the seeds, girl!

    www.mamajulesbrussels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, I can't even imagine how much work that was! I'm tired out after tilling our tiny garden patch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Your blog is lovely & I plan to try some of your recipes soon. I just started following :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hot bath for thoes back muscles! But actually hot baths in hot weather is slightly awkward! Haha! Can not wait to see it finished! Fingers crossed It's done for your wedding! So glad I found your blog!
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take a hot bath!! You'll feel a billion times better :-)
    Also saw that you have a place in West Va! How fun! I had a co-worker who owned a cabin out in West VA and we LOVED visiting it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done! I somewhat know the pain...when fall comes and it's time to rake the leaves. But the pain is worth it...hope you'll be seeing a field of sweet green grass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Love reading about the progression of your home and the area around it. And as much as it hurts, I love having sore muscles and going to bed physically exhausted. Such a rewarding feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...