Bows and Stripes

So as I mentioned yesterday I was absolutely exhausted due to jetlag, I'm talking about I broke down crying at least four times about minor things exhausted. For example, Will's parents sent a picture of what they have been working on at the mountain home and they had put some antlers on the entry way. I literally went from, I don't like those to bawling hysterically about them. I also started crying because I was so exhausted last night but I couldn't fall asleep. Needless to say I felt like a crazy person. Thank goodness Will is pretty wonderful and did everything he could to make things better. Thankfully I got a wonderful amount of sleep last night and am feeling a thousand times better, so can look back at yesterday and just laugh at how silly I was being. Hopefully Will can do the same thing, hehe.

Now onto an outfit post, I'm going to try and do these a little more often. Doing and sharing them are things totally out of my comfort zone, but at the same time they are kind of fun, so here goes. I got this dress during ModCloth's 70% off sale! I seriously look forward to this sale every year. I absolutely love ModCloth, but usually don't have the money to get anything, so when their adorable dresses are marked down to under $20 I am all over them!
This dress is all kinds of amazing. I love that from the front it is simple looking with just stripes on the bottom. But then the back...
Bam, it has these absolutely adorable bows on it! (That "bam" might be a little over the top, but I just have always really wanted to write a sentence that starts with bam, not sure why hehe.) It just makes the dress a little more unique, I think.
dress// ModCloth
tights and shoes// Target
Can I just say that I am so excited that it has started to cool off again, because I can wear tights/leggings again. That and the leaves will be changing soon and you can find pumpkin everything. I, like most people am a sucker for anything pumpkin, especially muffins/donuts. I have a feeling there will be a recipe post (or two) having to do with pumpkin finding it's way up here in the near future.

What are your favorite things about fall?

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday!

x's and o's

21 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh gooooooodness, I love everything about this outfit! I would also like to live in a place with that much greenery... tree-lined streets steal my heart every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, pumpkin anything is one of the main reasons fall is my favourite season. Plus the chill in the air, the leaves changing colour, and getting to wear sweaters, tights and boots again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that tired, everything-pisses-you-off feeling and it sucks. On the bright side, that dress looks positively adorable on you. I love the bows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel too crazy about crying from exhaustion. I used to suffer from Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome, which left me sleep deprived, hallucinating at night, and having serious anxiety at bed time from worrying if I would fall asleep, all of which definitely resulted in tears! I'm glad you got some good rest finally :)

    THAT DRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. All of those S's were more over the top than your bam, but there we have it. I love modcloth, I've only ordered belts from there, I'm always terrified their dresses in my size won't fit, and their prices are outrageous, I regret not taking advantage of that sale.

    That dress is amazing and looks perfect on you and I love the way you styled it. This is the longest comment ever, I apologize.

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  5. I most definitely share your enthusiasm for pumpkin infiltrating the flavor profiles of everything in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous that you managed to get cute clothes from Modcloth's sale!! That dress is gorgeous on you.

    I'm super pumped for tights, scarves and warm wool sweaters. It's super chilly here today and there is snow the mountain tops!!! Fall is most definitely here. Yes. Yes. Yes! Bring on the changing leaves and all the pumpkin-y goodness. I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand that awful crying over nothing due to exhaustion problem. It is not fun. And that dress is awesome!! I just got my order from Modcloth's sale on Saturday and still cannot believe how many items I purchased for the price of one or two items at regular price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for more outfit posts! I do like that dress on you. I considered it during the sale, but I don't work those backless dresses like you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure what I love more, the dress or booties.
    And I get the mini-meltdowns. I wouldn't feel too crazy, it seems a lot of us have them.
    Glad you're better though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that outfit from top to bottom! I missed the ModCloth sale and I can't even talk about it, but I might need those boots...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This whole outfit is adorable. I love the shoes and the bows in the back! Seems like an awesome autumn outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable dress! I'm loving it paired with the tights and boots. I can't wait to break out my grey booties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, I put that dress in my cart then didn't get it do to self imposed clothing ban so no I can live through you! Love it! Also glad to know someone else has the crazy cries, although I'm trying not to call them crazy but....human?

    ReplyDelete
  14. really adorable! I love the back! and the bottom linings~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the boots! I have a similar pair in grey but I think tan might be on my autumn shopping list...

    http://www.mumblingsandstumblings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you look really good! I'm a really bummed that I missed out on that sale, but you definitely scored a nice dress, and I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh how jealous i am! i love this dress on you -i voted on it in b the buyer then never bought it. oops. you looks so pretty in this and the sunlight is just grand in your photos. love your blog - glad to have found it

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is adorable! I'm with you on the tights-- it's probably my favorite thing about fall. I wear dresses pretty exclusively, and I love finding ways to autumn-ize them! (Autumn-ize is totally a word, right?) I love your shoes, too-- Target always seems to have the cutest booties!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh bless you i hope you are much more rested now!!!

    I cannot wait for autumn and gingerbread lattes and hats and scarves and tights! I love the dress, you could totally pop a little tee under that when it gets coller too.

    Lotsv love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. the dress is absolutely amazing! *_* btw love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...