Chalkboard Mason Jars DIY

As I mentioned in my last post I had two of my lovely bridesmaids Shaye and Hannah come over and help me with a couple wedding related projects. I thought rather than going through tons of glasses for the wedding I would make it possible for everyone to reuse a single glass throughout the night. This meant I had to come up with a way that everyone could easily label a glass, so we painted chalkboard strips on each of the glasses. 
Us busting through all 80+ glasses in no time
Things you will need
  • newspaper
  • mason jars
  • masking tape/painters tape
  • paint brush
  • chalkboard paint
  • chalk pens
First you will want to lay down some newspaper on your work surface so you don't have to worry about dripping the paint. Next tape off the shape you want to paint. We created rectangles. 
We ended up putting three coats on each jar to get it thick enough. Once finished painting you will want to let them sit for the next 24 hours before you try to write on it. I also highly recommend using chalk pens instead of a piece of chalk, as it won't smudge (as easily) and you name can look pretty all night long. 
Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday!

x's and o's

23 comments:

  1. this is such a cute idea! i never knew chalkboard paint was a thing! i might have to look into it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. And what a fun craft night.
    I hope everything is coming together for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw that's such a sweet idea! i don't know how you're doing it- every time i think of planning a wedding i break out in a sweat. it looks so intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute idea. I've been dying to try some chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love! I didn't know chalk pens existed, good to know!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome idea and very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS! Can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea! I have always wanted to work with this chalkboard paint. I've been scouring thrift shops for mason jars for my wedding next year, and I never thought about putting names on them. :)
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a lot of jars to paint! What a fun idea though. :)

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea and the jars are so cute! May have to try this at home

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! I bet it will be perfect for the wedding!

    http://whiskeybreakfast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've fallen in love with anything chalkboard-paint related thanks to pinterest! I love that you're using this idea in your wedding - it's simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great idea. So cute!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable! I could see it being a great party favour for almost anything.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea! I just followed your blog..I hope you can follow mine too.:D Godbless!

    - Jillian Myka
    jillianmyka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love this idea! Do you think the chalkboard paint would work on the mason jar lids too?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet that took an impressive amount of time. I do think chalkboard paint has to be one of the greatest inventions ever. We are using it to make signposts for our wedding. Also I love your thing about giving a minifig every year. It sounds a lovely tradition. I just can't wait for just my birthday for them!

    Following you now you know, so you know. :) Cause people do that thing.

    www.origamigirlheroics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...