Wedding Wood Work

I haven't really shared any wedding stuff here lately so today I thought I would share some of the projects we have going on. Yesterday Will and I worked on creating part of the table center pieces. Because we are doing it in the our little apple orchard we are using a lot of wood as decoration. It is also convenient because this was the first year we were really able to prune the trees and knock down the dead ones so we had a lot of wood just lying around. 
Will put them all through the planer to level them out .
We had about twelve to do so we created quite a mess of wood shavings. I'm trying to think if there is anything interesting that I could use them for.
I love how the older parts of the wood are just so dark. It just makes them so much more interesting looking.
Try not to be too jealous of my wonderful work outfit, haha.
After we planed them we rubbed in some stain to help protect them and get their colors to pop just a little bit more. I'm so excited to put a test center piece together to see how it looks, because in my head it looks pretty amazing, hehe. I also hope that after the wedding we can find something to do with all the wood, I would hate to throw it out after all the work we put into making them. Hmm maybe we can hang them, that could make for some interesting wall art. 

Everything seems to be coming a long pretty nice, which is all kinds of wonderful. I have a feeling we still be working till the last minute to get everything done though, hehe. Yesterday I started on the music playlist, just figuring out what songs we want to play, putting them in order will have to wait for another day.

I can hardly believe the wedding is only a couple weeks away! Eeee, it's so exciting!

x's and o's

21 comments:

  1. these are going to be awesome in centerpieces! definitely keep them after the wedding- I'm sure you'll find a spot for them to look great in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh those are awesome! :D

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished project!!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh I cant wait to see how you use them. these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see what your centerpieces look like!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these! your wedding is gonna be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see how they look all "dressed" up. Love the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a beautiful idea! :)

    My (oldest) niece just told us that she and here boyfriend are getting married in May. She asked me, if I would help with invitations, decorations etc.. Of course I would!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, these are going to be gorgeous! I love forest-y touches at weddings. Can't wait to see how they look when they're done!
    xo Julie
    ♥Julie Rose Sews♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude. This is just going to rock my freaking world! It will look SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! What an exciting time :) I can't wait to see what they look like. ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love things decorated with wood, I love wood! Those look SO lovely!
    I can picture a vase with wood shaving in the bottom, a medium votive inside with a candle, making the wood shaving glow really pretty like...

    You can do so much with pieces of wood so definitely don't throw them out!!!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great! We did something really similar for our wedding and I loved them so much, especially in photos. You two are crafty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. My. Gosh. Could these be any cooler???? Nope.
    My fiance would be so psyched on these! May have to steal this idea from you lady. :)
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh i cannot wait to see them!!! And to see pics of your wedding day, i bet you cant wait xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So neat! I can't wait to see the finished product :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the idea of these incorporated into centrepieces!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this! We didn't have an easy way to get/make anything like this, but I would have loved to have this at our wedding party! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. those look great! what a wonderful idea

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting that your wedding is SO close! Pre-congrats! I love weddings, and I know planning them can be stressful too, but I'm sure yours is going to be amazing. I love that you are using these tree stumps for centerpieces, that is going to be SO pretty! I've seen them used as a tray type thing for cake and cupcakes too, just an idea! Best of luck with your wedding planning and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...