Apple Cider Waffles

I think waffles are pretty much the perfect breakfast food, they are just so wonderfully crispy and delicious! For the longest time I would lament to Will about our lack of a waffle iron to which he would usually just laugh at me. So when the wedding came around I decided for the rehearsal dinner we were going to do waffles, which meant I would have to buy two waffle irons! I seriously couldn't be happier about that choice, not only did people at the rehearsal dinner love having waffles but now I get to make waffles as often as I want! Which has be quite often, let me tell you.

The other day I came up with one of the tastiest recipes second only to the tradition recipe (you just can't go wrong with it): Apple Cider Waffles! We still had some of the apple cider we squeezed a couple weekends ago that need to be used up, so Apple Cider Waffles were made. 

Ingredients:
1 2/3 cup flour (if batter is runny add 1Tbsp at a time until the batter is thicker)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup cider
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs

Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside, in another bowl combine eggs and wet ingredients and mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until all lumps are gone. Scoop about 1 cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown (about 3-4 mins). Enjoy! 
Adding the apple cider just made the waffles so much more decadent and filling, so in the words of Tom and Donna 'Treat Yo Self'

x's and o's

23 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm addicted to waffles. My husband bought me a waffle maker for our anniversary and I eat waffles all the time now.

    I never thought of making an apple cider version. These look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i'm hungry lol this looks so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap. This sounds so completely beyond delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look beyond delicious. waffles are a favorite of mine, i made pumpkin this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! I'll try your recipe sometime - all the waffle recipes I've tried so far resulted in very cakey waffles, so I'm hoping for something crispy. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, when my roommate moved in he brought his waffle maker, and I think we've made waffles like *twice.* That is unacceptable, especially when recipes like this are floating around!! This is going on my to-make list, and I'll be sure to report back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, these look amazing. It took me years to figure out that you guys have battered waffles, not the potato ones you get over here. I think it is one of those things we are definitely missing out on in the UK xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm! My mouth is watering! Never thought to put cider in my waffles, but now I must!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made these last week. Super delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely a waffle person...but anything with apple cider has to be even better! My mouth is watering over here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so good!! I love waffles! Thanks for sharing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look delicious! I can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/treat-yo-self-gif

    I love Parks and Rec!! Also those waffles look divine. Few things say fall like apple cider for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I would very much like to eat these right now. I need a waffle maker...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apple cider is like the best thing ever! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummmmmm. i could live off of breakfast foods.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those waffles look good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...