Apple Pie Moonshine | Little Lady Little City: Apple Pie Moonshine

Apple Pie Moonshine

If you follow me on twitter, then you probably have heard me talking about my success in creating a signature drink for the wedding: Apple Pie Moonshine. This might just be the yummiest thing I have ever ingested, it seriously tastes exactly like the inside of an apple pie! This fact is both amazing and dangerous, did I mention it has a liter of grain alcohol in it that you cannot taste? Haha.

This drink is smooth but crazy strong so please be careful when consuming! 

The recipe makes about 9 quarts (a little over 2 gallons) so it's a nice size for a party.

1 Gallon Apple Cider 
1 Gallon Apple Juice
1 Cup White Sugar* 
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar*
8 Cinnamon Sticks  
6 Tbsp Vanilla 
1 Liter 190 Proof Grain Alcohol (I used Everclear)
*you can always add more sugar to make it sweeter 

Mix together cider, juice, sugars, and vanilla in a large pot, then add cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil. Once boiling and sugars have completely disolved remove from heat, let mixture cool to room temperature then add grain alcohol.
What you don't end up using you can store in a sterile mason jar in a dark dry cool place with a couple of sticks of cinnamon. In fact it will taste even better the longer you let it sit.  I'm actually going to make another batch (probably half or a quarter size) and let sit for a while so then Will and I will have a nice little sipping drink for those lazy afternoons. 

Hopefully you guys enjoy this drink as much as everyone did at our wedding, it was seriously all gone by the time Will and I got back from taking pictures, haha.

Happy Friday!

x's and o's

33 comments:

  1. Well this sounds delightful. Apple cinnamon has got to be one of the most delicious flavour combinations known to man. I think I could drink a good deal of this beverage... before hitting the sack early from over consumption. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so yummy! Just gotta find me some 190 Proof Grain Alcohol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that's got to be a super dangerous drink! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds yummy which will also be dangerous lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Halloween party I will be taking this to! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy! And very dangerous, I bet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to make apple pie!!! thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum that looks good!

    want to follow each other? :)

    http://anightinnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! I think my husband might enjoy this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Love the addition of the cinnamon sticks, whole!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is such a cool ides for your wedding, and sounds seriously tasty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to get me into trouble!! Sounds sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's about to get crazy up in here!! An alcoholic beverage that tastes like apple pie? Holy geez.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds absolutely delicious! I might have to make this for Thanksgiving dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great timing for the holidays! We are totally gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm, this sounds delicious! I've never tried to make anything like this, but now I'm really thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for your comment, those cupcakes actually were delicious...!
    And your apple pie moonshine seems delicious, perfect for those autumn days..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so interesting! would love to try it!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks yum. I will have to try this sometime when I decide to drink again (breastfeeding has made me a non-drinker).

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow. looks so delicious! Perfect for the fall! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely post! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We did a mighty fine job if I do say so myself! I was considering making some the other day...maybe soon! Thanks for posting the recipe. Miss you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What the what. I so need to try this...looks good! Thank you for sharing! And thank you for the comment earlier,by the way. Also...your white glasses (in your outfit photos) are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wanted to tell you, I've had this recipe bookmarked since you posted it! We FINALLY made some this weekend! I put it in my blog with a link back to your recipe. Thank you so much for sharing. We loved it and made a ton for Christmas presents!!
    http://stopcents.blogspot.com/2012/12/xmas-time-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!

    Also visit my web-site :: diy-scrapbooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. When someone writes an post he/she maintains the thought of a
    user in his/her mind that how a user can know it. Thus that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!

    My weblog - solavei

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement
    account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
    However, how could we communicate?

    Also visit my web blog ... solavei

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility
    issues. When I look at your blog in Ie, it looks fine but when opening
    in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, wonderful
    blog!

    my website ... solavei cell phone

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very descriptive post, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?


    Here is my web blog stickeestuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for any other fantastic post. The place else could anyone get that
    type of info in such an ideal manner of writing?

    I've a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such info.

    Look at my web site; solavei

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...