Mountain Home: Kitchen

We have finally started to get settled into the house. I can hardly believe that after three long years we are finally far enough along that we have been able to finally move in. It still feels like we will be leaving in the next couple of days to go back to our real lives. But that's not going to happen anymore because this is our real life now, this house. 

I thought it would be fun to kind of chronicle the work we do to make this house our home. Now, we still have a long way to go and walls aren't going to be painted for a while, but I kind of like that exposed drywall feel, and that doesn't mean I can't dress them up by hanging all the pictures I want. 
This is where all the pies were made for the wedding, all TEN of them. I have to admit it makes for a very nice little cooking prep area. And I finally get to organize the kitchen I want! I can now keep all the flour and sugar and other baking things right out on the countertop, instead of always pulling them out from a pantry or a drawer. It's small things that makes me so happy. 
Our little make-shift shelves. We decided since we still have to finish off the walls it would be best not putting too many large shelves up yet. So this is directly under our little countertop, and it has been working out pretty darn wonderfully so far. I'm hoping to get some nice looking contact paper to put under the dishes instead of the paper towels, hehe. Or I might just get rid of the paper towels and just have then sit on the bare wood, I think that would look pretty nice too. 
Our hodge-podge of pots and pans, but they are ours and I love them! The only I'm going to have to get used to is working on a smaller cooktop, I got super spoiled when we lived with Will's parents because they had a massive six burner Viking cooktop and it was kind of heaven! 
Our little glasses shelve right above our oven. I have so many adorable glasses that have been given to me throughout the years and I finally able to display them. So needless to say I am a happy camper.

As I mentioned before we have a long way to go before we are anywhere close to being finished, but I am just so happy to get to start working on this chapter of our lives. It has been such a long time coming, and it's going to take a little bit to get back into a normal routine here, especially since the wedding is all done now. It's actually kind of weird not stressing over how to decorate the tables, but I have a feeling I will get over that pretty soon, hehe. 
I also have a feeling this little lady is quite happy having so much more room to add to her domain, hehe. 
x's and o's

26 comments:

  1. it looks nice, and your cat is so pretty, good luck with this new adventure, because that's what it is, moving is always a little bit hard, but when you start setting things to place, is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet. i can't wait to see your journey in your new place. happy happy times, sweet lady!
    xo bhrett

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is bascially my dream kitchen. i love the idea of open shelves, rather than cupboards. looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. Even from these few pictures, it looks so "homey". What a pretty kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have envy of large stove tops! My dad installs kitchens and we always had a wonderful kitchen growing up. Through the years of apartments, my tolerance for small kitchens is wearing thin! When we move next, the number one thing I am looking for is an open kitchen, lots of prep space, and a gorgeous stove top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I'm loving the unfinished look, there's something comforting about it, and it's like a blank canvas that you can gradually add something beautiful to.

    I really want open shelves for my coffee cups (for my future home when I don't live with the momz anymore!) I love seeing pretty dishes out. Speaking of my mom, she would be jealous of your all white dishes!

    Congrats you two :)

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so excited to move in! I always wanted to fully renovate a house (my parents did it when I was a child) so it is really inspiring to see you guys move into yours! I actually quite like the unfinished look, it's very homey xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cheery yellow pot on the stove and the bottle of Cholulah hiding on the counter! That makes me want mac and cheese doused in hot sauce right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a cute kitchen! Looks like quite a bit of space. I can't wait to see the process and finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yay! I'm so glad you're in the house and you're now making it a little home for you guys. I love the counter top.

    I can't wait to see how things come together. Enjoy your new home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking lovely and very homey so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are living one of my dreams here! So amazing :) I love the look of your wee kitchen!

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I only moved into our new home after getting married in August, so I can totally relate to this post. Our place is still a mess and it will probably be years before we get it sorted, but that's part of the fun. Your place looks and sounds amazing and I love what you've done already. Enjoy making it your own. It's a great project for you both at the start of your marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the kitty!!! So cute. Xo Inna

    baking in couture

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you've finally moved in! Your kitchen looks just awesome, and now you have the chance to test things out and see what works before you commit to hanging any shelves!

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this sounds and looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kitchen is so intimate, and has loads of rustic charm. I love your makeshift shelves, and your countertop. They're yours and that's a wonderful feeling to have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, this is the most beautiful kitchen.
    that pie-baking space makes my heart beat a little faster.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how much yellow you have going on in your kitchen. It feels like a place I'd want to sit and linger.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think you have something cool going on here. The dry walls definitely give the space a neat and different feel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh that sweater! Haha stop it. That looks like a comfy kitty. Oh and the house? Superb. I can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so great to move into a new used or new house and make it your own- isn't it?! I love your glass shelf and that yellow pot! And I love plain white dishes as much as I love cute decorated\colorful ones. I also am a big fan of the Kitchen Aid mixer! Isn't it so handy?! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  23. A most lovely kitchen, and the sweetest kitty! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I just looked around yours and loved it!
    It feels a little bit like the pioneer days with you and your hubby building your own house yourselves.

    WV is beautiful! I'm close to the WV border in VA and our colors are pretty amazing, too!

    -Kirsten
    mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...