Winter?

Ok so remember when I mentioned the other day how winter had shown up here on the mountain, well I guess she decided to go on a vacation somewhere else, I'm thinking over to Nicole's. The last two days have been 80 degrees, it's all kinds of crazy! I think by next week, though, the temperature is suppose to drop dramatically, so Lady Winter's vacation doesn't seem to be lasting too long, hehe. 

Will and I are never ones to look a gift horse in the mouth so we have been basking in the warmth and doing dinner outside. We are actually still working on leftovers from the wedding, so it's kind of nice not thinking too much about what to have for dinner, hehe. We have a freezer full of pulled pork, grilled chicken, apple pies, and mac 'n cheese! I guess our eyes were a little bigger than our stomachs when we were making the menu for the wedding haha. But not to worry because momma loves her some mac 'n cheese, especially with some brocoli added! 
You can see some of the picnic tables we made behind me, I think we are going to try to sell them or something because I cannot think of many uses for twelve 7ft long tables, hehe.
Wig-wog has also been enjoying the warmer weather. Anytime we are doing anything outside we put her little harness on and she gets to play outside. This time we couldn't find her actual harness so we did a make shift one, which I don't think she minded much. She now knows when we put it on her she gets to go outside so she sits still and starts to purr, it's pretty cute!

In other news we are slowly unpacking all of our boxes and getting stuff put away. Even though I am pretty over unpacking at this point it is really fun to find lovely things that we have had up in storage for what seems like forever, and finally getting to display them! It almost feels like Christmas, hehe!

Hope everyone is having a nice Thursday.

x's and o's

29 comments:

  1. The thought of eating outside in the sunshine is so glorious. I love these photos and I'm glad you two are enjoying the last of the warm days. As I made my way back to work after lunch today, it started to snow again. It seems winter is here to stay.

    Enjoy your leftovers and unpacking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lady Winter has decided to vacation in Utah. She ruined my weekend plans!! :(
    This looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating outside is the absolute best! The weather's been going up and down here, mostly sunny and sometimes warm but sometimes chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm really loving these simple photos. what a great snapshot of a day! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! You live in such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me so happy to see pics of Wig-wog enjoying living in the country! She couldn't have found better parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely life you have! If I lived near by, I would stop by for some Mac n Cheese! Kitties with harnesses are so cute, I wish I could do that with my cats, but they run around the neighborhood as they please!

    xomando

    p.s. share that cold front and move it down to Tejas please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be so lovely to eat outside! And not having to worry about dinner sounds fantastic, it's a mission for us to choose every single night. Wig Wog is such a cutie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky! It's snowing here. We live a couple hours east of Nicole, and I think her snow is finally coming our way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least for the time being the picnic tables make for a wonderful meal outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, looks lovely.
    We've been having that same warm weather.
    But, I'm excited to wear a pea coat without boiling!

    You could rent the tables out for other weddings :)
    I'm sure people would LOVE to use them and not have to deal with them afterwards!

    -Kirsten
    mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I adore this dinner outdoors. I also adore the cat harness. I wish I would've trained my little Olive to wear one so I could take her out side and let her roam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so beautiful and the sweetest kitty!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw your little picnic area is so idyllic! I'm super jelly :)

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eating outside is awesome, I'm with you with winter showing up then it being warm out, this morning it was around 15 degrees out with snow everywhere and then this afternoon it was in the mid 70s! haha got to love weather :) Your kitty is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the warmth in these photos! I especially appreciate the mason jar and striped straw! Such cuteness! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. super great, wonderful pictures - i love ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute pictures! Love that you are enjoying the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cat and your pictures!! wow totally following you hope you can follow back

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photographs! What a lovely post :) xx

    www.little-beast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww kitty kat :) and yummy mac and cheese!
    xx mili

    callmemaeby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cat is so adorable and pretty! Everything looks so picturesque and amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely blog you have here! I love these photos - it all just looks so relaxing and fun :)
    But most of all I love that little kitty! I wish I could have one, but I'm allergic!

    Keep up the great posts!
    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  24. Eating dinner outside seems so warm and peaceful. I should try that sometime, before the weather gets too cold.

    Your cat is adorable, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely photos! The cat is so cute :))

    Energiq

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos :) I miss the outdoors, living in a city in a flat sucks sometimes :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Look at that cute little kitty!!! I love your photos! I am trying to treasure every non-freezing day possible here because I know they won't last long! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that your little kitty likes to go outside, I wish mine would wear their harnesses but it's the equivalent of strapping a harness to a rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...