I Missed You

There is nothing like coming home, the home I grew up in. It's kind of surprising that no matter how long I am away it always feels like no time has passed, which it's nice. One of my favorite things about it is getting to go through the clothes I left behind. When I first moved back east with Will, all I got to bring was two suitcases: that's it! So there are quite a few forgotten wonders left in boxes in my closet. 
This shirt is one that I got so long ago I can't even remember when. I was actually looking through old pictures when I saw it and thought "I wonder where that shirt ended up" only to find it in the box I was going through the other day. I'm such a fan of frilly shirts, there is just something so fancy about them, hehe.
shirt // Forever 21 (forever ago)
jeans and shoes // Target
hat // my moms 
cardigan // Last Chance

And now let's talk about these jeans for a moment. It's one of those trends that I just immediately fell in love with, was so afraid I couldn't pull off, and I just lusted over instead. The other day Will and I went into a Target to get a couple of things when I saw these hanging there and thought 'what the heck'. I tried them on and fell in love! Poor Will, however, is not a fan by any means, I guess he is just going to have to deal with me wearing them every day until I get sick of them hehe. 
The hat was my mom's and I remember when she bought it thinking 'Oh goodness that thing is ridiculous.' She always loved big floppy hats, and I am so happy we didn't give this one away after she passed. It's so funny how you can change your mind about a piece of clothing years later.

Do you guys ever end up coming across something you bought ages ago and kind of forgot about but once you discovered it just start loving it all over again? I think that is why I have such a hard time getting rid of stuff, because future me might end up loving it again, hehe. 

Hope everyone is having a nice Thursday!

x's and o's

I love this picture! The whole time we were taking pictures outside Baby Wigs just sat at the window staring, hehe I think she wanted to come out and play, hehe!
Also the winner of Shaye's awesome bear ear headband is Shannon F.! Congratulations!! I will be getting it out into the mail to you soon! 

22 comments:

  1. I love those jeans! I didn't jump on the floral jean trend because I felt like you, that I coudln't pull them off. But they look so good on you! Perhaps I should get a pair for spring.

    I always find something new when I go home. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be happening any more since I lost all that stuff at Sandy. However, I did find a few good thigns in Steve's closet over Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those jeans, and I'm exactly the same... I love them on everyone else but I can't quite bring myself to wear them. I have also been dithering over those EXACT shoes in Target for weeks now. Still undecided...

    http://thesehappyplaces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I definitely have clothes that Ian hates, too. He toughs it out and doesn't complain TOO much, so in a way it's fun to bust them out and make him suffer. ;)

    I love that hat. I always thought my mom was WAY out of style when I was growing up and now I dress just like she used to... although a lot less classy. She was all about peacoats and silk scarves back in my young years. And now I can't get enough of my peacoats.

    Anyway, glad to see you made it home safely and that you're having all kinds of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a pair of floral jeans last month and I ADORE them! I was so jealous seeing Keiko Lynn rocking the ones from Anthro half an age ago, and figured I would never be able to wear them, and for $200 I wasn't about to see them rot in my closet untouched! So when I found a pair for $15, it was totally go time. I love that yours are shades of blue though! That's very different from what I've seen out there.
    And that big floppy hat is lovely :)

    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan hates my big floppy sun hat. I wore it when we went to a flea market once and apparently it kept hitting him in the face... it's only a 5" brim! :( Now I usually leave it at home unless I know I won't be walking close to people... (insert sad trombone noise here)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Love the jeans, perfect with your hat & glasses :) My guy doesn't like one of my floral items, either! Guess they'll just have to deal :) Never noticed your nose ring 'til now by the way, so cute!

    <3 Meg
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. a) i love when i absolutely LOVE something and the hubs is like "not happening"

    b) i also love rediscovering things - it tends to make me a hoarder....

    Cat
    www.catgotdressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every so often, I "shop" my closet, meaning I put away clothes that I don't wear anymore and go through boxes of old clothes I have put away. It's a great way to refresh your closet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like those jeans on you, I think you pull them off great :) Also, your kitty is adorable!

    -Kate
    kate-on-the-lake.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello fellow West Virginian! Hey Amanda, how are things going and how cute is your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this whole outfit, especially those jeans! Super cute, you def pull it off! Yes I re-fall in love with stuff all the time, I'm going to be a hoarder for sure...

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that last picture. :) Going home is the best... that's why I live here. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your glasses! They remind me of when I look through old photos of my mom because she had similar ones when she was a teenager in the 70s!

    Carrie
    http://lego-house.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing jeans! I do the same thing when I go to my parents house. I love that you guys take your kitty everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those pants. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff for just that reason~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the floral pants trend. There are some burnt orange ones at F21 that I really want. I'm going to check out Target now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's awesome that hat was your moms. And I love those floral pants! (Will is crazy). When skinny jeans first came out I told myself I'd never wear them.... that's literally all I wear now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really don't think I could pull it off, but this outfit is awesome! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you pull off the floral pants trend marvelously. I especially like them paired with the polka dot cardi - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your pants! they are so pretty ;)
    thanks for you lovely comment!
    I am enjoying your blog, following ;)
    hope to see you around
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...