Sunday Snapshot #28

Midnight July 21 2007
Try not to be too jealous guys, because yes I am wearing the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter. Ok, so it's not the real one, but at that moment when it was on my head and I got sorted into Hufflepuff it was real to me! My friend Adrienne and I are huge Harry Potter fans; I'm talking about midnight book/movie releases, awesome homemade t-shirts, and Potter themed board games. So when it was time for the finale book to be realsed we signed up to get our copy at midnight at our local bookstore! Because this was going to be the last midnight release the bookstore went all out: games, costume contests, raffles, etc and it was amazing!

We had such a blast and when we got home we both spent the next day or two finishing the book. I was in a predicament because I wanted to know what was going to happen so badly, but at the same time I knew the more I read the closer to the end I would get to the end of the final book! I'm still kind of sad it is all over. At least after the books there were still the movies to look forward too, but now those are over as well. Oh well, I guess it is just time to start reading the books all over again. I've just got to find them where ever I packed them.

Happy Sunday.

x's and o's  

Also don't forget to enter PearApple's bear ear headband giveaway!

17 comments:

  1. I am also a harry potter fan. Me and my mum think that he was the part of our family . We cried a lot when Sirius Black died :'(

    Aree
    http://areewithumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I just started reading them for the first time this year and I don't know why I was too thickheaded to read them before, they are amazing!

    Thessaly at Lazarus bell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that's so awesome! I would totally need out with you! My dream vacation for next year is Harryotter world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Harry Potter themed bedroom... When I was 17. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss all the midnight release parties! I really hope they do ones for the ten year anniversary and what not :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous. The chance to sit under the sorting hat would be awesome!

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was on vacation with my family the night the last one came out, and i spent the night in the bathroom reading so the light wouldn't bother anyone! i wanted to know how it ended so badly i wasn't able to savor it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great post :)
    I love it!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I've never worn the Sorting Hat, real or otherwise, so I'm pretty jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!!!
    I used to wait in line for them to release the books too. I used to always say "it's not as lame as it sounds, it's like a party!". I can't wait to read her new book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I may not be the biggest HP fan in the world... but I have got to say, THAT IS REALLY AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, you look cute and such fun event. I hope you got Gryffindor same as me! :))

    By the way, the Firmoo glasses on previous post is also great on you! I am now going to enter your giveaway, i hope it's international. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Harry Potter! When the last book came out, I started reading it at 9pm and didn't stop until 6am the next morning! I was so sick, plus I was sobbing, so it was a huge mess.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Harry Potter is the best! Who couldn't love it!!! Its my life!! I grew up with the gang so it is so much ingrained into my childhood. I wonder what kids these day read. I feel sad for them hahah
    Britney

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...