Rehearsal Dinner | Little Lady Little City: Rehearsal Dinner

Rehearsal Dinner

I am so excited because I finally get to share photos from our rehearsal dinner and our wedding (in the next couple of days). My dear friend Megan shot the whole thing for us, and I really wouldn't have it any other way, she is one of the best photographers I know! And just so you know, she does travel for events! 
My sister in law Dev helping make the pies.
I got up really early the morning of the rehearsal dinner to get the pie crust all ready since it required at least two hours in the fridge. Then all of my lovely bride ladies showed up a couple hours later and we spent the morning baking the pies. Lots and lots of pies: eleven pies in total (eight apple, one apple crisp, one mix berry, and one blue berry). We had a small mishap with one of the apple pies as the sauce started to overflow in the pie pan and cause quite a bit of smoke hehe. Thankfully it was a pretty nice day so we just opened some windows to let the smoke out. 
My amazing bride ladies who I couldn't have done any of this without! Seriously, these ladies were beyond phenomenal and I know I'll never be able to thank them enough! Alesha, Hannah, Lex, and Shaye may your names go down in the history books as the best friends this lady could ask for! 
Please excuse my hair, this is what happens where there is still no running water at the house and you have spent the last 36 hours frantically building picnic tables and decorating haha! 
My totally amazing brother! 
We did a waffle dinner for the rehearsal, I figured who doesn't love some tasty waffles! My aunt Jenny and my mom's dear friend Chris really helped make it happen by spending a couple of hours in the kitchen making sure everyone got their fill for food. And I must say the waffles came out amazingly! I probably could have eaten my weight in them, if that were a socially expectable thing to do haha! 
Then we shared the video Will made of what we had been doing with the house over the last three years. I love watching that video still, because when you are working on something so monumental you kind of forget just how much work went into doing the whole thing!  

The day seemed to go by with a blink of an eye, it was both stressful and amazingly fun. And I know everyone always says this, but we seriously have the best family and friends ever! Looking back at all of these photos really makes me wish we had everyone back on the mountain hanging out with us all over again. 

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday.

x's and o's

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos lady, it looks like such a lovely event!

    My dad and Alice were talking about you guys last night - the wedding, your upcoming projects, etc. :) Hope you both are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spectacular photos!! Look like such a lovely day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love this post :D Great photos btw
    Looks like you had an amazing day and an amazing rehearsal dinner

    artofmi3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair still looks cute like that! :) Looks like you had a great day - I always expected an event like this to be disastrous and overly hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics.... and rehearsal dinners are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video of the process of you building your house was just amazing.
    Now I'm sitting here working on some miniatures wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life.

    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I adore that you had waffles for your rehearsal dinner! And glad that you got double usage out of your lovely picnic tables!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you made your pies yourself and that you guys had waffles for your rehearsal dinner. That's the best!! I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see the rest of the photos. (Could you have made us wait any longer? Like really? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous!!!!! Love the outdoor video. :)
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful! All those pies sound delicious!

    Can't wait for the rest of the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these photos. Waffles for the rehearsal dinner is such a great idea! I love the projection set up too. Looks like a wonderful day. Can't wait to see the wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! It looks like everything was very sweet, sentimental and DIY. Which in my opinion is how a wedding should be! :) Can't wait to see more!

    xo, Courtney
    shabbyloveschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love this! So cozy and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It all looks so much fun and the pies look delicious - good luck for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay for weddings! when did this happen? I can't wait to see more of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like it was such a good time! Beautiful photography, too. thanks for sharing.

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...