The Wedding Pt1

The weather the morning of the wedding was not really working with us and dictated a lot of changes when it came to set up. The orignal plan was to put the tables out in the orchard for the dinner as well as the dance floor, but the freezing wind that was whipping around and the looming storm clouds in the distance made us think twice. So we decided to keep the tables where we had placed them for the rehearsal dinner, just in case it rained and everyone had to make a quick dash into the house. We also decided we had better move the dance floor into the living room. None of these things really bothered me except for the slight issue of everyone fitting inside for dinner if it did rain. But I think my mom was watching out for us, because an hour before the wedding the sun came out in all of its wonderful glory. We were extremely lucky! 

Now onto the first part of the wedding photos. I decided to break them up so as not to completely overwhelm your computers with a ridiculous amount of photos in one post.
Instead of buying flowers we decided to just pick the wild flowers that grow around us. We went out in the morning to pick them and I must admit it was freezing! So we got as many flowers as we could as quickly as possible hehe.
We made a lot of little signs to put up along the road up the mountain, because if you aren't used to it you might think it isn't the right road, being that it takes you over several cattle grates. Hehe!
One of our neighbors was not to happy with this sign and took it down hahaha! 
We did not get a nice laid back morning the day of the wedding, we worked our butts off trying to make sure everything got done in time. 
Because the weather was so cold the morning of we just went ahead and set up dance floor in our family room.
The end result of all the mason jars Hannah, Shaye and I worked on a couple weeks prior to the wedding.
One of our neighbors was kind enough to let us use their house to get ready in. It was really wonderful, because I think we would have come out a little more dirty looking if we got ready in our house, hehe.
All photos by the amazing Megan! 

I know I said this in my last post but we seriously could not have pulled this off without all of our amazing family and friends. They are the best!

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

x's and o's

29 comments:

  1. It is just beyond beautiful!! Gorgeous, truly {& bring on the pics, its so romantic and lovely!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful moments. I am so thrilled to see the rest of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a beautiful wedding - the signs made me laugh!

    http://thesehappyplaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful photos, looks like you had an amazing time. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had such a unique and creative wedding! Congrats, again!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pics!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are so beautiful! I can't wait to see you with your dress on!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Picking your own flowers is really really adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you ha such a fun special day! these photos are gorgeous! Your dress looks beautiful!

    XO
    Anna
    http://annaelizabethphoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great look and a great blog! <3

    By the way, I'm hosting two fabulous giveaways!
    Lancer Method Skincare giveaway (Oprah's Favorite Things) and JewelMint jewelry giveaway (I'm giving away three pieces!)

    goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of an LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so beautiful! I cannot wait to see more. Although you had to work hard on the day of and for many days beforehand, I think it's really awesome that you incorporated so much of the orchard into the wedding. Everything seems to be so true to who you guys are.

    These photos give me the warm and fuzzies big time. BIG TIME. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds stressful but it turned out great so perfect! I can't wait to see more photos.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so curious now to see how you look!
    It looked like it was the perfect day ! :D

    xx
    Saar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda these are such lovely lovely photos and it looks like such a magical day, i cannot wait for the next instalment!!! Thank you so much for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amanda, it was so gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww. Your wedding photos are lovely and so glad you had great weather -ours is outdoors and I'm putting all my hopes on a sunny day. I'm looking forward to the second set!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the effort you and your friends and family put into your wedding, you just had so many lovely, unique aspects. Gorgeous photos xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm dying a little right now. Everything looks so perfect. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww so super sweet! I love your wedding photos!!!

    more please!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful and looks so magical :)

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  22. so pretty, i can't wait to see part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it all while showing the beauty of our home state good ole' West Virginia. Hey people! There are HIP people here just like where you live :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. How lovely. Can't wait to see more :) You are giving me wedding fever!!! (dreaming about my wedding one day)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE these photos! I can't wait to see part two!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on your wedding! Beautiful pictures I can't wait to see the next part!

    Summer x

    ohsummercandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...