Bisbee Arizona

The other day Will and I decided to drive 3.5 hours south of Phoenix to Bisbee, AZ after a family friend told us about the really neat mine tour down there. We thought it sounded pretty fun, would make a great little day trip, and would be a great way to test out the new camera. *Edit: people have been asking about the camera: it's a Canon 6D). Bisbee is an old mining town turned to a little artisin community, with lots of cute little cafes and antique shops.
There were stairs that just took you up the side of a mountain. I'm not going to lie, by the time we got to the top of them I was feeling it in my poor legs (I think that might be a sign I need to hit the gym a lot more, haha!) The stairs went to the back yards of a lot of houses, it is one of the ways people use to get down onto the main street quickly.
This was in someones back yard. We weren't being creepers I swear, you could look in as you were walking up the stairs and it was too pretty not to take a picture. I love how the house has a little walk way from the third story to the seating area. I would love to have something like this in my backyard. Maybe one day.
I have to admit this is probably the coolest looking high school building I have ever seen. I really wish we could have gone inside to see what it looked like. 

We would have loved to explore a little more, but it was so darn cold! I looked up the weather the night before and it said it was going to be high 50s, but it ended up being extremely windy and more like high 30s, brrrr! I guess next time I will make sure to check the weather before we leave in the morning hehe. But we still had a great time, and Will put together this great little video of our adventures!
Have you guys ever done a mine or cave tour? If so how'd you like it?

I hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday! 

x's and o's

15 comments:

  1. I love that back yard! That's so beautiful. I also love that building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a really cute video! I totally did a mine tour once on one of those little trains and we could get out and look at all of these old tools and guns they had and there was gold panning too. I loved it at the time but I think if I did that now I'd be too scared! Especially after seeing The Descent. :P

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! Love the video-- I really need to try to take more vids, yours are always so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what a great day trip! The architecture is what gets me. You don't see that on the East coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Looks like a great place to visit, I've never been even close to Arizona before. I need to get out more and visit lovely places like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a mine or cave tour, but it looks like you had fun! I always envision having to army crawl through spaces barely passable, squeezing through cracks and it makes me not want to go, but I think I could handle a train ride! :) cute video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome! I've never done a real tour but I went to a cave the other day and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful city. Looks like so much fun! I've never done a mine tour but I have seen caves but I was so young I barely remember. ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video is so awesome!! And romantic, aww :) Thanks for sharing!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Arizona, it's where I live! I love Bisbee, it's so adorable. There are so many little mine towns like that that have turned into little tourist places. I've never thought of doing a mine tour though. I'll have to check it out next time we're near one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww looks like so much fun! Id love to do a cave door, though I tend to get claustrophobic in smalls spaces with lots of people, however i would love to do it nevertheless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that high school does look so wonderful! it is a lot nicer looking than mine was! the photographs are so pretty.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like an interesting place. Super adorable photos of it! I've never been on a mine or cave tour, sounds a little... scary (cave ins scare me!). I've done underground city tours though, and those weren't scary.

    whiskey for breakfast
    365 sleepy days

    ReplyDelete
  14. So this post came up as a suggestion as I was looking at your xmas illustration- I LOVE Bisbee. And it's funny because we spent New Year's down there last year which I see this post is from about that time- wonder if we were there at the same time! It actually snowed like 6" there the night before NYE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...