Shaver Lake

Click to see larger
Last week Will and I got to spend a couple of days in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been: Shaver Lake, CA. Our friend's parents have a cabin out there and they kindly let us come stay with them during our travels. We arrived late at night and had no idea of the beauty that awaited us in the morning. 
The next day we went on an incredible hike a little before sunset up to an area that looked out over a massive valley. I was so happy I had my big snow boots because it was so cold I think my little toes would have frozen, hehe. 
The other really wonderful thing we got to do out in Shaver Lake was put little Wigs in the snow! Haha! Yes, yes I know I am a huge goofball getting this excited about putting a cat in snow, but whatevers I love it! The snow was pretty hard so she didn't sink in really (I was kind of hoping for something like this), but we still had fun. We are going to be in Utah next week so hopefully there will still be super fluffy snow there. 
I seriously think I was way more excited than Wigs, as you can tell by how big my smile is in that picture. 

How are all of you guys doing? I feel like I have been so busy with the documentary/traveling that I haven't had much time to catch up with you all. 

x's and o's

22 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! this place is gorgeous! and there is still plenty of snow here in Utah. I think we are getting another storm this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some beautiful freaking pictures! My partner are trying to train our cat to go around on a leash because we're planning a big roadtrip this summer, haha. :) Did it take a while to get Wigs ready?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that place looks beautiful! I might have to check it out when I go to the Bay this summer. That first photo is unreal!

    -Cait

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful place! Wigs is adorable as usual. Loving the third photo~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when I get to put my dogs in the snow! It's so much fun to watch them hop around in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I love that Wigs is in the snow! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Shaver Lake looks beautiful! All those hills! I love getting my dogs & son out in the snow too, they're the best times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness... I would frame the heck out of the first picture. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh those mountains. how calming is the picture alone?! i can't imagine the peace and relaxation you must have felt being there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, yes! I would be really excited too! Loving that last picture ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely blog! ;)
    what about following each other via GFC? lemme know! :)


    xx, Jessie
    http://jessieabimer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, beautiful photos. The landscape is breathtaking, though, I bet the photos don't do it justice! Your cat, Wigs, is beautiful!

    Enjoy! Glad to have discovered your blog!

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a beautiful view! It'd be awesome to wake up to that every morning.

    And glad your cat got a chance to play in the snow too. Our older cat won't go near it but we take our one year old kitty out in it and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these photos are just gorgeous!!
    your cat looks like it could be a wild cat or something :)

    -Marsa
    The DayLee Journal"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I LOVE yours! These are some awesome picture :)

    http://www.charliececile.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What spectacular scenery, photographed beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pictures are just gorgeous (and they are increasing my desire to travel!) :)

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Beautiful pictures! :)

    Lulu xx

    https://www.luluslittlewonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous photos, ahhh i'm so in love with the sun and the mountains! i love seeing the dogs play in the first snow, glad your cat had a good time in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous photos, I've just actually got caught up on a bunch of your recent posts and have really enjoyed reading about your travels. Also, I've come the the conclusion that you have the most beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so beautiful!! Love the sun rays... The kitty is super adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I live in CA and have never heard of this place! I shall add it to the list of adventures that I must have. It looks amazing! These are such stunning photos. I wish you guys safe travels!

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...