Starting 2013 Off Right

We didn't have any big fancy parties to go to on New Years Eve so Will, my dad, and I hopped onto the light rail and made our way out to Tempe Town Lake to watch the fireworks from the bridge. We definitely weren't the only ones who had the idea to take the light rail, I guess great minds think alike hehe. 
When we got on the bridge it was freezing! And by freezing I mean Phoenix/my freezing, hehe! So I put on my new super warm hat, and the only warm coat I have out here (I foolishly left all my other winter coats back in WV haha) and tried my best to stay nice and warm. Thankfully we showed up at 11:55 and were back in the light rail at 12:20, so we weren't out in the cold for too long. 
When we got home little Wigs was passed out in the bed already. I have a feeling she wasn't able to keep her little eyes open anywhere close to midnight, hehe. And by the time we got home we could hardly keep our eyes open either, apparently we are getting too old.  Next year I think we are just going to snuggle up in our warm bed with Wigs some popcorn and watch a movie just before midnight, then switch over to watch the ball drop (that is if we are still awake hehe). 

What did you guys end up doing for New Year's Eve?

x's and o's

16 comments:

  1. Wigs is so adorable! I couldn't possibly stay outside for fireworks on a cold night, I'd be freezing. Staying inside and watching the ball drop is definitely my kind of celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Tempe Town Lake -- the memories! I haven't been back to Phoenix since the light rail was implemented... it was always buses for me. I would always take the Red Line out to Tempe, go to Zia Records and Buffalo Exchange, and get to feel like a high-falootin' college kid for a brief minute. ;)

    So glad you had a nice, albeit cold, New Years Eve! I stayed at home and watched a Van Damme movie with some friends. I am a simple person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Love the fuzzy hat and the cute fuzzy cat :)

    whiskey for breakfast
    365 sleepy days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian and I were sickies, so we stayed home and watched a couple of movies. We're not big on celebrating holidays, so it wasn't a big deal... you know, until I heard of all the fun my friends had without me. ;)

    I hope the new year is treating you and Will well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wigs!!! So adorable! I wish there had been fireworks where I was... Maybe next year! :)

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am starting to think that I am getting too old for New Years Eve hoopla. Snuggling in bed watching a movie with the hubby and the pups sounds so much more fun! :)

    xo, Courtney
    shabbyloveschic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, pretty fireworks! :)

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting headgear like the one you're wearing! And I happen to think your NY's eve was perfect, although we just stayed home and enjoyed a seafood feast! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did absolutely nothing. haha! Little Wigs! SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love fireworks, but I didn't get to catch any this year. I went to a friends house party and had a few drinks and a dance instead :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet!! You are seriously the cutest EVER. Have a super happy first weekend of 2013! Just stopping by from Sugar and Dots to say hello. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe! She's super cute!! How "freezing" is freezing in Tempe?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute cat! and happy new year!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cat :) and i love the photos too! Here in our end, it was totally tropically humid ön NYE. Happy New Year! Xx

    Aurora

    rottennuke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, your cat looks just like mine in that picture! It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...