Aww Yissss | Little Lady Little City: Aww Yissss

Aww Yissss

Holy cow guys, not to toot my own horn or anything, but the idea to have my 30th birthday party at a skating rink just might have been my best idea EVER! I will admit, I was a little nervous that everyone else wasn't going to love the idea as much as I did, but they all seemed to be onboard. When we first got to the rink there was a sign in sheet outside and a whiteboard filled with all the kids names and ages. I wish I had taken a picture of it because it was super ridiculous/hilarious seeing ages like 7, 12, 10 and then mine: 30 haha! 
(photo from @what_the_pugz)
What are these?! Cups for ants?
Even though my age was listed pretty much on all the paper work, all the employees were super shocked when I told them I was the one having the birthday party. Maybe they thought someone inverted the three and the zero or something haha! Once it was sorted, I was lucky to find they thought a 30th birthday party there was pretty awesome. 
(photo by @theaceinyourface)
For not having skated in probably a decade plus I have to say I was pretty darn proud of myself. Once I got going I felt like I doing pretty great. Who knows what I looked like, haha. I was a little afraid I was going to eat it at least once or twice, but I'm happy to report I didn't. Yay! The above photo is my totally 'Hey look at me mom I went around the whole rink and didn't fall once' look (just incase it doesn't actually come across that way).
Instead of doing a cake I really wanted to do donuts. I've kind of have become obsessed with them recently. I love that you can get a big variety and it's pretty much like giving everyone their own personal sized cake (especially with the cake style donuts haha). The skate rink had these crazy linked candles where one lit all the others. It was kind of intense, but very pretty to watch. 
(photo from @what_the_pugz)
I had such a great time skating around with so many wonderful people that I'm lucky to call my friends! I cannot wait to see what shenanigans we all get up during this decade! 

x's and o's

20 comments:

  1. Haha I love how you have a "SQUEEEE!" face in all of these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soooooo insanely darling! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, It looks like it was a super fun time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems like a totally cool birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love these photos! you look so incredibly happy, and what a fun way to celebrate with skating and donuts. as a 90's kid, this is definitely something i could totally get behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun!! Now I really want to have a skating birthday party. I'm pretty sure I haven't skated since my 10th birthday party haa! You looked great too, btw. Love that flower crown!!!

    xo.

    Holly

    http://happinessbrand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaah how fun! You look so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, you don't look 30. You look young/mid 20's. So that's a gift from nature right there you lucky duck!
    I'd love to see the sign in sheet. XD
    I suck so badly at skating on quads, I was shocked when I couldn't do it.
    Love the donut idea!!!
    Happy birthday! c:


    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love this! I've been bugging the husband about going roller skating for years and he's always refused, but I think I'm wearing him down.

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, that's amazing! I love fun birthdays that involve more creativity than just a bar or restaurant. ;) Skating and donuts sounds like the BEST! I'm glad you had a great day <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable - it looks like you had a blast! The donut cake is such a great idea. Plus, your pants are so fun! Happy belated birthday!

    xoxo,

    Laura

    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOohhhhKay this is awesome and hilarious!

    Lisa | c/oMKE

    ReplyDelete
  13. such an awesome birthday, specially the donuts cake! and your flower crown, you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hero! This is amazing. I would TOTALLY go to your birthday party. This looks like pure awesome fun. Now send over one of those donuts, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dream cake! ahah

    xx
    http://www.analeote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds like the BEST idea! I love it! I had a carnival theme for my 30th birthday last year, so I definitely like the big blow out kid’s party idea. I guess to prove to ourselves that we’re not getting that old:) Happy birthday and glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the most adorable idea ever, happy 30th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uh.... best birthday party idea ever? Yes, I think so. This seriously looks like SO much fun! I'm glad you had an awesome birthday!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. so awesome! happy belated birthday lady!



    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy late birthday my dear. Such a wonderful idea for a birthday celebration! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...